Go Back   IceInSpace > IceInSpace > Website Feedback and FAQ
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Suzy
Searching for Travolta...

Science Forum Question.

Shelley and I want to start a thread in the science forum just for general astronomy/science questions so we can learn.

Can we use the title "General Astronomy Questions" or do we have to open up a brand new thread for every title (question) we want to ask?

I ask this knowing that the science forum is strictly moderated to stay on topic.
Sometimes it's a bit difficult to stay fully on the topic title, because when learning things, things can and often do, naturally go off the beaten track a little. I refer to my current thread on Dobson.
There are more questions to be asked on that thread with reference to the last few posts from Shelley, do we keep on at it there, or else do we start a new thread? If so, please answer the question which is highlight and underlined above.

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2011, 11:22 AM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

I'm happy for you to create a "general astronomy questions" thread and it can move and evolve as new questions are added to it/asked/answered.

The "stay on topic" part is really about reducing spam and keeping "chit chat" out of the science forum.

But it doesn't mean you need a new thread for each "question".

Cheers
Old 12-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Suzy
Searching for Travolta...

Okay, well seeing as there are more questions that are specific to the last few posts, we will probably keep it running then.

But definitely do want to start a general astronomy thread all the same.

Thanks Mike!