SBIG ST8XME self-guiding, cooled CCD Camera and CFW8 Filter wheel for sale
This current model Camera was purchased new in late 2006, and is in excellent condition.
The ST8XME has the latest NABG (Non Anti Blooming Gate) microlensed, class 2 (no column defects) sensor, with a peak QE of 85%, and a large internal TC-237H sensor for self-guiding.
It also has the remote guide head port fitted.
The CFW8 filter wheel has a 5 position carousel for 1.25” filters and plugs into the camera for single USB cable cam/filter control. Filters are NOT included.
A short spec on the CCD sensor:
CCD Kodak KAF-1603ME + TI TC-237
Pixel Array 1530 x 1020 pixels
CCD Size 13.8 x 9.2 mm
Total Pixels 1.6 million
Pixel Size 9 x 9 microns square
Full Well Capacity ~100,000 e-
Dark Current 1e-/pixel/sec at 0 degrees C.
Included in the sale is:
*SBIG ST8XME and printed Operating Manual.
*SBIG CFW8 5 position filterwheel and printed manual (filters NOT included)
* Universal Power supply (for both camera and Filterwheel)..
* 5 meter USB cable.
* D block adaptor, 2” nose piece, 1.25” nose piece and dummy desicant plug.
* SBIG's CCDOPS version 5 camera control software and printed manual.
* Software Bisque's CCDSoftV5 camera control and image processing software.
* Software Bisque's TheSky v5, Level II software (Demo).
* Carry case with pre-cut foam for your camera and accessories.
* SBIG Driver software and instructions.
An image from this very camera is featured on the SBIG web site as the sample image for the ST8XME model .
and several images from it have been pubished in OZ mags. You can see more images from it on my web site.
The pics dont show the Filterwheel, it is still in use on an ST10XME (the upgrade that replaced this cam). It will be supplied fitted to the cam, ready for use.
The special SBIG deal right now offers this cam and filter wheel for about AU$4000 including shipping and GST. I offer $2800 free shipping anywhere in Australia.