Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28-11-2013, 01:18 PM
AstroJason (Jason)

Thumbs up $200 Canon Cashback Offer - Canon 6D

I am now a very happy owner of a Canon 6D!

The Canon 6D is a very popular DSLR amongst us amateur astronomers so I thought I should share this with everyone in the hope it saves some people some cash coming into Christmas.

Today I noticed that Canon have introduced a Cash Back offer of $200 on the 6D (and 5Dmk3 if anyone is interested in that body). I shopped around online and found that both Georges Cameras and Ryda in Sydney both have the Canon 6D body online at $1525 after cash back. Not wanting to wait until the weekend to go to those stores I figured I’ll see what the price at Paxtons at Macquarie Centre (which is right next to my work) would be for the 6D. Turns out they have it advertised for $1750 after cash back. So I went down at lunch and after them making a few calls to their head office they matched the $1525 price after cash back! They also included a 2 year Canon Australia Warranty. This price beats most current Grey Import prices! Moral of the story, if you’re looking at purchasing a Canon DSLR now is a good time to do it. This cash back offer ends 31 Jan 2014.

Hopefully someone finds this helpful before they go in and make a purchase. Interested to hear if anyone managed to get it cheaper than that... I’ll probably be a little bit depressed but I am so happy to finally have a full frame camera!

Cheers,

Jason

Old 28-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

Nicely done.

H
Old 28-11-2013, 04:50 PM
leinad (Dan)

Excellent, thanks for the heads up!
I may finally get one this Xmas
Old 28-11-2013, 05:35 PM
killswitch (Edison)

Congrats Jase, welcome to the FF club. Thats a good price now prepare to spend $$$$ on glass!

JB has a 20% off cameras sale around this time of the year and you can combo it with the cashback and save heaps

Last edited by killswitch; 28-11-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old 28-11-2013, 06:17 PM
AstroJason (Jason)

Thanks Ed, yeah glad to be part of the FF club! Looking for a good wide angle lens now, but one that I would be able to easily attach filters to.

The cashback scheme goes until 31st Jan 2014. Not sure if JB were offering this cashback scheme, but gee if you could get them to match Ryda/Georges and then got 20% off on top of that you would be laughing!