Old 11-05-2018, 07:43 PM
seeker372011 (Narayan)
6EQUJ5

STC duo narrow band filter

i wonder if anyone who has actually used the STC duo narrow band filter could care to review it after having used it for any length of time.

from my point of view it is scary expensive, but I’d pay that if I could use to image from my backyard and achieve decent results. Not looking for prizewinning images just something that is reasonable. I’d use it with a modded Canon 550D with either a L series lens or a small telescope _ED 45 or ED 80

the travel,set up and break down and general hassle of getting to a dark site has robbed me of my Astro mojo and I’d dearly like something to get me back into imaging on a more regular basis. It’s been a couple of years since I took my EQ 6 out.

Thanks in advance,
Old 11-05-2018, 09:49 PM
glend (Glen)

Why not just move to full narrowband imaging? Sell the Canon and buy something like an ASI1600MM-C, filter wheel and narrowband filters. Then you can image on any clear night regardless of your light pollution. An ED80 is plenty of scope for wonderful narrowband images.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:51 AM
seeker372011 (Narayan)
6EQUJ5

Glen,

I have been there done that, with both HAlpha and OIlI and still have my two QHY CCDs though I haven’t used them now for years,

I am just trying to see if I can make it simpler for myself so I could just image with my astrotrac from my backyard with the minimum of fuss

Narayan