#1441  
Old 06-12-2015, 03:23 PM
FlashDrive's Avatar
FlashDrive (Col)
Senior Citizen

FlashDrive is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brisbane North
Posts: 4,342
The other one.... Genesis SDF

Col....
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (1.jpg)
137.8 KB159 views
Click for full-size image (2.jpg)
224.4 KB174 views
Click for full-size image (3.jpg)
226.9 KB159 views
Click for full-size image (4.jpg)
209.3 KB142 views
Click for full-size image (5.jpg)
183.1 KB148 views
Click for full-size image (6.jpg)
205.3 KB146 views
Click for full-size image (7.jpg)
218.6 KB164 views
Reply With Quote
  #1442  
Old 06-12-2015, 03:48 PM
Kunama
...

Kunama is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,588
I hope you're taking good care of my FS102 Poppy !!!
I have just the mount for it too, just finished repainting the counterweights which were the only blemish on an otherwise near new condition EM10 USD3.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (MS2_2815.jpg)
142.7 KB143 views
Click for full-size image (MS2_2817.jpg)
126.4 KB146 views
Reply With Quote
  #1443  
Old 06-12-2015, 04:01 PM
FlashDrive's Avatar
FlashDrive (Col)
Senior Citizen

FlashDrive is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brisbane North
Posts: 4,342
Fabulous Mount Matt....

Looks real nice....
Reply With Quote
  #1444  
Old 07-12-2015, 08:14 PM
Kunama
...

Kunama is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashDrive View Post
Fabulous Mount Matt....
Looks real nice....
Thanks Flash,
My new T-Rex also arrived from Barry of Kokusai Kohki, Japan, today resplendent in its Takahashi Green livery....
The T-Rex is such a smooth mount, I had almost forgotten how good it is.

Here is a preview on the Tak EM10 tripod ......

The custom paintwork is a perfect match for Takahashi scopes !!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (MS2_2820.jpg)
140.7 KB210 views
Reply With Quote
  #1445  
Old 07-12-2015, 08:52 PM
LewisM's Avatar
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

LewisM is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere in the cosmos...
Posts: 9,526
That EM10 is going to look PERFECT with my old FC-76 on it.

Remember to gift wrap it Matt
Reply With Quote
  #1446  
Old 07-12-2015, 08:56 PM
FlashDrive's Avatar
FlashDrive (Col)
Senior Citizen

FlashDrive is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brisbane North
Posts: 4,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunama View Post
Thanks Flash,
My new T-Rex also arrived from Barry of Kokusai Kohki, Japan, today resplendent in its Takahashi Green livery....
The T-Rex is such a smooth mount, I had almost forgotten how good it is.

Here is a preview on the Tak EM10 tripod ......

The custom paintwork is a perfect match for Takahashi scopes !!!!
Now that is one good looking T-Rex Setup.

Col....
Reply With Quote
  #1447  
Old 10-12-2015, 10:00 PM
barx1963's Avatar
barx1963 (Malcolm)
Bright the hawk's flight

barx1963 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Waurn Ponds Vic
Posts: 3,849
Now I will probably get in trouble with my visual observing buddies, but here is my imaging setup as I have put it together over the past 2 months.
Orion Sirius G Mount
SW ED80 Pro Gold Tube (modified with carbon graphite lookalike wrapping!)
Orion ST80 Guidescope
Canon 760D Camera
Orion Star Shoot Pro Autoguider
A little 11" Toshiba Laptop
PHD2 and Backyard EOS
A few other bits and pieces and a little friend under the lemon tree.

Malcolm
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_0639.jpg)
208.2 KB142 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0640.jpg)
217.2 KB213 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0644.jpg)
208.3 KB171 views
Reply With Quote
  #1448  
Old 13-12-2015, 05:40 PM
Allan's Avatar
Allan
Registered User

Allan is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 895
I've never seen a TOA130 in the flesh, and my immediate impression was how imposing and beautiful it looks, as nice as any refractor I've seen. Photos don't do it justice.

So I got it home yesterday as the last piece of my all new setup. I've been slowly buying parts over the last couple of months while I waited to collect the telescope. I went for an AP MaxBright diagonal and a really nice BT Tech dovetail plate that's machined to accept the Tak clamshell. I bought a DM6 to mount it on, and a Losmandy FHD tripod with a 12" extension. Finally a Nexus DSC and TV Starbeam sit on top of the DM6.

A few thoughts about the setup. I don't find the scope overly heavy, contrary to what is often written. It's all a matter of perspective I guess, but all dressed to go with clamshell, dovetail plate, diagonal and the counter weight it comes in at 14kg. My 12" Orion OTA weighs 24kg, and I carry that around no problem, so by comparison the TOA130 is of little effort.

But, the tripod/mount is a different story. It weighs 27kg, which is starting to feel on the heavy side, because it is a lot more awkward to carry. This is my first foray into larger refractors, and I can see how the mount is what becomes a hassle as the size increases, rather than the OTA. Anyway, I should be good for at least another 20 years, but when I turn into an old geezer I might have to get a wheel kit to move it around.

First light was this afternoon after I took the photos. I put my Baader solar wedge in the scope and did a bit of solar observing. I was amazed at how much more detail I could see compared to my NP101, lifetime best views of the sun straight up, so that was pretty nice. I'm not much of a solar observer, so I have my fingers crossed it stays clear for tonight and I can get down to business.

I spent a long time weighing up choices along the lines of the TSA120, FS128 and TEC140. So far I am extremely happy with my decision, but time under the stars will tell.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (1.jpg)
187.1 KB182 views
Click for full-size image (2.jpg)
170.7 KB195 views
Click for full-size image (3.jpg)
152.2 KB187 views
Click for full-size image (4.jpg)
143.3 KB183 views
Reply With Quote
  #1449  
Old 13-12-2015, 07:03 PM
Camelopardalis's Avatar
Camelopardalis (Dunk)
Drifting from the pole

Camelopardalis is online now
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 4,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
but when I turn into an old geezer I might have to get a wheel kit to move it around.
"when"

Looks a beauty Allan, look forward to seeing it in action sometime
Reply With Quote
  #1450  
Old 13-12-2015, 11:24 PM
Allan's Avatar
Allan
Registered User

Allan is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 895
Thanks Dunk. I'll probably take it to SPSP next year. If you're going you can have a session with it then.

First light tonight is going well. The sky here is great, no cloud and pretty good seeing. I'm looking forward to observing Jupiter in a couple of hours when it rises.
Reply With Quote
  #1451  
Old 14-12-2015, 12:25 PM
Camelopardalis's Avatar
Camelopardalis (Dunk)
Drifting from the pole

Camelopardalis is online now
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 4,800
One extra reason to go Allan
Reply With Quote
  #1452  
Old 14-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Kunama
...

Kunama is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
I've never seen a TOA130 in the flesh, and my immediate impression was how imposing and beautiful it looks, as nice as any refractor I've seen. Photos don't do it justice.

So I got it home yesterday as the last piece of my all new setup. I've been slowly buying parts over the last couple of months while I waited to collect the telescope. I went for an AP MaxBright diagonal and a really nice BT Tech dovetail plate that's machined to accept the Tak clamshell. I bought a DM6 to mount it on, and a Losmandy FHD tripod with a 12" extension. Finally a Nexus DSC and TV Starbeam sit on top of the DM6.

A few thoughts about the setup. I don't find the scope overly heavy, contrary to what is often written. It's all a matter of perspective I guess, but all dressed to go with clamshell, dovetail plate, diagonal and the counter weight it comes in at 14kg. My 12" Orion OTA weighs 24kg, and I carry that around no problem, so by comparison the TOA130 is of little effort.

But, the tripod/mount is a different story. It weighs 27kg, which is starting to feel on the heavy side, because it is a lot more awkward to carry. This is my first foray into larger refractors, and I can see how the mount is what becomes a hassle as the size increases, rather than the OTA. Anyway, I should be good for at least another 20 years, but when I turn into an old geezer I might have to get a wheel kit to move it around.

First light was this afternoon after I took the photos. I put my Baader solar wedge in the scope and did a bit of solar observing. I was amazed at how much more detail I could see compared to my NP101, lifetime best views of the sun straight up, so that was pretty nice. I'm not much of a solar observer, so I have my fingers crossed it stays clear for tonight and I can get down to business.

I spent a long time weighing up choices along the lines of the TSA120, FS128 and TEC140. So far I am extremely happy with my decision, but time under the stars will tell.
NicE !!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1453  
Old 14-12-2015, 12:44 PM
MortonH's Avatar
MortonH
Deprived of starlight

MortonH is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,251
Never looked through a Tak. Wouldn't mind this being the first!
Reply With Quote
  #1454  
Old 15-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Allan's Avatar
Allan
Registered User

Allan is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 895
No worries Morton, pencil in the SPSP and we'll go nuts.
Reply With Quote
  #1455  
Old 19-12-2015, 07:29 PM
AstroApprentice (Jason)
Registered User

AstroApprentice is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 288
Unleash the Borg!

Hi All,
I would like to show you my Travelscope kit based on a Borg ED89 F/6.7. It's very light & portable with the entire setup weighing only ~7 kg.
The kit includes: Borg OTA with helical focuser & padded bag; 2" WO durabright diag; Gitzo 2541 tripod; Desert Sky DSV-M alt/az mount; Baader Skysurfer V rdf; & 2 x eps (2" Baader 8-24 mm zoom & 1.25" Edmund RKE 28 mm).
Importantly, I love the optical quality of the objective and with no offence intended to the white tube traditionalists, I'm also rather fond of the Black Borg appearance.
Thanks to the many posts on this forum that informed my decisions on each & every component.
Regards, J.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Borg1.JPG)
100.2 KB146 views
Click for full-size image (Borg2.JPG)
102.1 KB151 views
Click for full-size image (Borg3.JPG)
95.0 KB128 views
Click for full-size image (Borg4.JPG)
98.5 KB135 views
Click for full-size image (Borg5.JPG)
102.1 KB131 views
Click for full-size image (Borg6.JPG)
71.8 KB158 views
Click for full-size image (Borg7.JPG)
59.1 KB123 views
Reply With Quote
  #1456  
Old 19-12-2015, 08:18 PM
jenchris's Avatar
jenchris (Jennifer)
Registered User

jenchris is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ormeau Gold Coast
Posts: 2,067
Ed100, ssag, f5 102 guider, neq6pro. Deepcycle110ah ....
Wyaralong dam.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_20151212_232318.jpg)
78.8 KB178 views
Reply With Quote
  #1457  
Old 20-12-2015, 02:30 PM
GrampianStars's Avatar
GrampianStars (Rob)
Black Sky Zone

GrampianStars is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Western Victoria
Posts: 776
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenchris View Post
Ed100, ssag, f5 102 guider, neq6pro. Deepcycle110ah ....
Wyaralong dam.
WoW
talk about a solid setup there
Reply With Quote
  #1458  
Old 20-12-2015, 10:57 PM
DJT (David)
Registered User

DJT is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,366
Orion optics VX12L on an AP900

Managed a first light image tonight with a 10 minute NGC2070, dslr, guided and with a Baader MCC and happy as a pig in blah,blah,blah.

Admittedly , not all that sure what I am going to do with it but looking forward to finding out. Either way it's destined for the dark site and am already enjoying the views.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (image.jpeg)
63.3 KB157 views
Reply With Quote
  #1459  
Old 22-12-2015, 09:19 PM
ian fry
Registered User

ian fry is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: sydney
Posts: 364
Takahashi FC-100 DL

Hi all

well after a very long wait about 4mths and then 3 weeks stuck in customs my Tak FC-100DL is here.
The Black 6x30 finder bracket is still stuck at customs , so im using a black 7x50 finder bracket and the Kokusai Kohki EF-508 finder scope for now.

cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (003.jpg)
51.5 KB172 views
Click for full-size image (007.JPG)
123.4 KB164 views
Click for full-size image (008.JPG)
160.5 KB163 views
Click for full-size image (016.JPG)
156.2 KB152 views
Click for full-size image (019.JPG)
146.5 KB131 views
Click for full-size image (020.JPG)
141.4 KB153 views
Click for full-size image (029.JPG)
157.1 KB153 views
Click for full-size image (031.JPG)
170.2 KB171 views
Reply With Quote
  #1460  
Old 22-12-2015, 09:24 PM
Kunama
...

Kunama is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian fry View Post
Hi all

well after a very long wait about 4mths and then 3 weeks stuck in customs my Tak FC-100DL is here.
The Black 6x30 finder bracket is still stuck at customs , so im using a black 7x50 finder bracket and the Kokusai Kohki EF-508 finder scope for now.

cheers

Nice one Ian !!! That should perform like your previous FL102S. Look forward to your thoughts, I have been considering placing an order for one of these as well to put on the EM10 USD-3.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (MS2_2990.jpg)
170.9 KB119 views

Last edited by Kunama; 28-12-2015 at 07:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time is now 12:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 | Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertisement
Lunatico Astronomical
Advertisement
Astromechanics
Advertisement
Bintel
Advertisement
Testar
Advertisement
Astronomy and Electronics Centre
Advertisement