Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Astronomy Books and Media

Old 07-10-2018, 07:54 PM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

Documentary on Apollo Programme

Just came across this .... actual facts Documentary of the Apollo Programme.

At the heart of the Apollo program was the special band of brothers in Mission Control. The feature documentary film Mission Control: The Unsung Heroes of Apollo tells their stories, describing the rural homesteads and smokestack towns they came from, and the remarkable team they became. The film consists of interviews with those who worked in Mission Control and astronauts, enhanced by extraordinary archive, stunning VFX and an original orchestral score. The film covers the first journeys to the moon by Apollo 8 and Apollo 11, and the huge effort required to save the crew of Apollo 13.

A review by a critic ....

A tremendous film

What a beautiful film. The interviews and archival footage and VFX come together and you are able to step back in time and relive the space program's evolution through the eyes of the heroes of the program. I was immediately swept back to my childhood and sitting in front of the large black and white Motorola television with my dad, former US Army Air Corps pilot, watching the moon landing. The pride our nation felt and the amazement of it all - I'll never forget it. Through the interviews in the film, the director really captures the essence of who these men were.

here is the link ........ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwwwRR9LS3Y

Col..
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Apollo.jpg)
90.7 KB21 views

Last edited by FlashDrive; 08-10-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:20 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Col, I never get tired of documentaries / films on the Apollo project, what a wonderful time in our history
I visited the Kennedy Space Centre back in July and saw the hardware that took mankind to the moon.Its not until you stand underneath a Saturn 5 you get a perspective of how incredible the Apollo missions were back in the 60s and early 70s, absolutely awe inspiring !!
Like you ,the last time I saw a Saturn 5 Launch was in my parents lounge room huddled in front of a small black and white TV
I will definitely download this documentary

Thanks !
Old 08-10-2018, 11:13 PM
redbeard (Damien)

Thanks.

After seeing your post, I checked Netflix and it was there too, watched it, really good.

Cheers,
Damien.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:01 PM
Exfso (Peter)

Yes, really good stuff, watched it a couple of days ago, what a bunch of hero's they really winged it a lot of the time, amazing how it all went pretty smoothly most of the time.