Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20-08-2013, 12:05 AM
ranixlb (Rani Ahmad)

Free Android App For Astronomy And Astrophysics

Hi . This is my first post in this forum. And, I use this chance to introduce myself.

I am an Android application programmer. When I studied Masters Degree in I.T. and and worked a little in Cairns, Australia, I bought there , from Australian Geographic, a Telescope Celestron Astromaster 140-EQ. I and then I bought a lenses suite case as additional accessories for it.
However, in the global financial crisis that hit in 2009, I had to sell it because every penny then was selling it.

And because I am still passionate about astronomy, I made this free ad-based app and I called it "Astrophysics In Action".

It's a consolidation of astrophysics formulae and get them into action through forms for calculation.
This way the formulae are given some action and some life.
Some topics in Astrophysics has its group of formulae , of course; therefore, each is accompanied with some information about it by clicking the menu button.Please notice since this is a free application, criticize it constructively since in the end the application is made for you.
Currently, the application has only Astronomy topics, because this is how it's planned for the application. No astrophysics topics yet. However, Please, Don't think this application is empty . So install it and always wait for updates.
Please ask us for features that you think as an astrophysicist require to be added to this application.
Please don't forget to try our other applications.
Topics covered yet:
- Solid Angle Measurement
- Angular Distance Between Two Points On A Sphere
- Find The Date of Easter In A Year
- Find Day Number In A Year
- Convert Between Julian Date And GMT Date
- Earth Globe Formulae
- Conversion Between Equatorial And Ecliptic Coordinates
- Mean Sidereal Time At GMT
- Parallactic Angle
- Angular Separation Between Two Celestial Bodies
- Check If Three Stars Or Planets Make A Straight Line
Notice:
=====
The application uses GPS. It's used only in taking the coordinates for the sake of calculations. If you are in doubt that we might steal your coordinates, you can use the manual input option. You have been warned. Thanks.

Link to app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...x.astrophysics