Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 22-01-2013, 01:49 PM
John0z (John)

1/4" mounting

Just a note for anyone needing to use the 1/4" photo mounting hole at the back of the camera - the hole machining seems to have been pressed such that the thread lead-in isn't there. I checked with ZWO to confirm that it was supposed to be the right thread, and used a taper tap to start the lead-in as they suggested. After doing this carefully, the camera goes onto my photo tripod adapter quite readily.
Old 23-01-2013, 06:06 PM
LAW (Murphy)

Ive been reading up on these because I didn't see this tread in time to get onboard but I might order one off thier online store. I have a few questions though.
The red an gold models are both 1.3mpx CMOS sensors, how come the gold is cheaper?
Are they cooled?
It says they support long exposures for DSOs but the longest I could find an example of is one second, anyone have any experience with this?

I'm thinking of getting one a ls a guider planetary
Old 23-01-2013, 06:16 PM
OICURMT
Oh, I See You Are Empty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAW View Post
Ive been reading up on these because I didn't see this tread in time to get onboard but I might order one off thier online store. I have a few questions though.
The red an gold models are both 1.3mpx CMOS sensors, how come the gold is cheaper?
Are they cooled?
It says they support long exposures for DSOs but the longest I could find an example of is one second, anyone have any experience with this?

I'm thinking of getting one a ls a guider planetary
Difference are in the specifications... to summarize ASI120MM versus ASI130MM:
You can do exposures as long as 128 seconds. Mine gets too noisy after 8 seconds though, so I'd say that while you could probably do it, you'll need a good library of darks. You might be able to put a Peltier on the back and a fan.... maybe.

As for short exposures for planets... yep.. very good camera.

<LATE EDIT: No, they are not cooled>

Last edited by OICURMT; 23-01-2013 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Not cooled
Old 23-01-2013, 09:28 PM
LAW (Murphy)

Excellent, thanks! I think I'll keep my Starshoot/DSLR combo if it was cooled I'd definitely consider it, but for the price there's not much that comes close. Looks like good value, just doesn't suit my needs.
Old 23-01-2013, 09:32 PM
OICURMT
Oh, I See You Are Empty!

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAW View Post
Excellent, thanks! I think I'll keep my Starshoot/DSLR combo if it was cooled I'd definitely consider it, but for the price there's not much that comes close. Looks like good value, just doesn't suit my needs.
If you have the mono Starshoot, it has the *exact* same chip as the ASI130MM (The Gold one)...
Old 23-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Mighty_oz (Marcus)

Hey, has anyone been able to guide a PMX with this camera ? If so what program and settings did u use ?

Marcus.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:50 AM
guodong

Finally finished. A bit frustrated that I have never thought it took such a long time because two of the cameras were sent to the wrong address. However, fortunately they were found and the last one was delivered to Peter today. Thanks guys, hope everyone enjoy it and get your images soon.
For the late PMs, I don’t mind to help during next trip two months later. However, everyone could buy directly and I think a local club could organise the group-purchase to get a discount and save some shipment. And Sam is back. Contact him for any technical problems.
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=102658
Cheers