Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28-05-2014, 11:56 AM
Stardrifter_WA
Life is looking up!

Lunt Engineering Binoculars

Hi All,

I am back in the US again and on the first day (in LA) I went to visit Woodland Hills Telescopes, where I met their telescope guy, Daniel. It turns out that Daniel is a fellow IIS'er, although he hasn't posted much, but that may now change, as we had a very interesting discussion.

The most interesting item that came up was the new Lunt Engineering 100ED, 45 degree eyepiece, binocular. Daniel then unboxed a unit to show me and we used a pair of Tele Vue 19 Panoptics, and my first impression was that these bino's are awesome. Although I didn't get to use them on the stars, Daniels impressions indicated that they are very nice.

The optical quality appears to be superb, during daylight use, and I was impressed by the quality. The build quality looks to be typical Lunt, that is, well engineered.

At $2,995 I think they are great value, although some will, no doubt, say that that is expensive. I think it is good value, particularly, when compared to my Leica 8x32 Ultravids, which cost me $2,200.

These binos may knock off the top spot on my acquisition list, given my first impressions, although I will wait for any forthcoming reviews first.

Cheers Pete
Old 28-05-2014, 12:00 PM
dannat (Daniel)
daniel

the appear to be the same as the new APM 100ed markus ludes is offering -apparently they magnification quote well