Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2014, 12:15 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

EQMOD question - Vixen specific

Decided I will FIRST off try my Vixen Sphinx SXW as the mount for my FSQ106 - pushing it, but should be OK. Failing that, NEQ6

My Sphinx has had the upgrade with the NexW board, which uses the Celestron NexStar interface (ICK!!!) I don't have a hand controller for it, so use Celestrons horrible GUI style USB-mount controller for it (WHY they had to use an image of the HC as the work area.... gimmicky).

ANYWAY, I also tried it through EQMOD, and it works just fine, but have considered going back to the Vixen original motor control board (I have that and the Starbook still) and running it EQMOD/ASCOM - was it the board itself that was causing the random PE jumps (that the NexW board eliminates), or was it the STarbook that was the issue causing the spikes in guiding? If it is the Starbook, and running it EQMOD should eliminate these spikes, but if it is the Vixen BOARD, well, no chance.

Appreciate any thoughts. I will keep running NexW for now and see how it goes. THe mount seems happy with it all so far.