Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30-03-2019, 08:31 PM
Lognic04 (Logan)

Thanks for your replies everyone. Thanks for the encouragement Alex! No vaccum coating unfortunately, but my machine is almost complete. Sorry to hear about your friend Alex. Hopefully I'll finish this 10 inch and 16 next, then I might start thinking about selling mirrors.
Old 18-04-2019, 11:48 PM
Saturnine (Jeff)

Hello Logan

I may be interested in the figuring service if your still harbouring those thoughts. You may remember about a year ago a women came on to the forums with an offer of several glass blanks that belonged to her recently departed husband and if no one wanted them they would be thrown out. Knowing what blanks are worth, at a rough guess, I decided to collect the blanks as I would've hated them thrown out and I have had a desire to make my own mirror(s) one day.
Have assembled several newts from home made bits and commercial mirrors so the next logical step would be to push glass but in the cold light of reality I probably don't have the time and space to do that, in the foreseeable future. If you are interested in the blanks I can send you a list of what is there and what sort of glass they are, again at a guess.
Distance would be the biggest hurdle if you wanted them, unfortunately, but something could be possibly worked out.

Cheers