#341  
Old 25-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Omaroo's Avatar
Omaroo (Chris Malikoff)
Let there be night...

Omaroo is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney/Cooma
Posts: 7,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolite View Post
Thousands of people line the beach at Low head in protest of the Federal Governments approval of the controversial pulp Mill in Tasmania, which will be the mother of all CO2 emitters, polluters and an obscene consumer of native forest. The majority of the population are opposed to the mill. Absolutely rediculous that governments are so irresponsible in this day & Age. The next image will have an old and stylish building in it.
You mean the mill sanctioned by Peter Garrett?

Sorry... no politics here....I'm not confident that I, as a NSWelshman, necessarily understand the real issues at hand like you blokes down there do...

Last edited by Omaroo; 25-10-2007 at 04:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old 25-10-2007, 05:14 PM
h0ughy's Avatar
h0ughy (David)
DOGHOUSE REBORN

h0ughy is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NEWCASTLE NSW Australia
Posts: 30,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaroo View Post
Restaurants down at The Rocks, Sydney.

The next photograph shall have a ships' bow in it.
this close enough

The next photograph shall have a camera in it
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (_IGP4457 (Large).JPG)
91.9 KB9 views
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 25-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Dennis is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 10,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaroo View Post
The next photograph shall have a ships' bow in it.
The next photo will have "Something with a span" in it.

Cheers

Dennis
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Ships Bow.jpg)
100.5 KB10 views
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 25-10-2007, 05:16 PM
h0ughy's Avatar
h0ughy (David)
DOGHOUSE REBORN

h0ughy is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NEWCASTLE NSW Australia
Posts: 30,417
LOL I beat you to it Dennis by a minute
Reply With Quote
  #345  
Old 25-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Dennis is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 10,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ughy View Post
The next photograph shall have a camera in it
The next photo will have "Something with a span" in it.

Cheers

Dennis
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (EyeP Proj Exploded.jpg)
47.2 KB16 views
Reply With Quote
  #346  
Old 25-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Dennis is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 10,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ughy View Post
LOL I beat you to it Dennis by a minute
Not a whole minute, only 2 seconds!

Dave: 5:14:59
Dennis 5:15:01

Cheers

Dennis
Reply With Quote
  #347  
Old 25-10-2007, 05:35 PM
h0ughy's Avatar
h0ughy (David)
DOGHOUSE REBORN

h0ughy is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NEWCASTLE NSW Australia
Posts: 30,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
The next photo will have "Something with a span" in it.

Cheers

Dennis
LOL "wing" span


The next photo will have "Something glowing" in it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (_IGP4372 (Large).JPG)
111.4 KB25 views
Reply With Quote
  #348  
Old 25-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Dennis is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 10,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ughy View Post
LOL "wing" span
The next photo will have "Something glowing" in it.

The next photo will have "Something abstract" in it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Fig 01 - Nightime Action.jpg)
67.6 KB15 views
Reply With Quote
  #349  
Old 25-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Omaroo's Avatar
Omaroo (Chris Malikoff)
Let there be night...

Omaroo is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney/Cooma
Posts: 7,628
Righto - were looking for something space-faring
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (bow.jpg)
135.9 KB32 views
Reply With Quote
  #350  
Old 26-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Dennis is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 10,775
Okay, I’ve waited long enough for an ISS or Shuttle photo. Materials and equipment used by a Space faring nation on missions.

Velcro:
1969 Jun 7 - Use of Velcro in Apollo CSM discussed
ASPO Manager George Low suggested to MSC Director of Flight Crew Operations Donald K. Slayton that beginning with Apollo 12 Velcro applications should be "in a spacecraft configuration and not vice versa." In the past, Velcro applications had presumably been made in the spacecraft to conform to the configurations used in training.

Buzz Aldrin's Apollo 11 Suit
http://history.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/AldrinLEVA7.jpg

Space pen:
The famous space pen, which is still a popular product today, was developed by Paul Fisher the founder of the Fisher pen company. An engineer who improved ball point technology, he created his "bullet pen" in the 1940's, which became one of the best-selling pens of the Twentieth Century. Later, he perfected a pen that was sealed with pressure inside of the cartridge that made the ink to flow regardless of gravity. It also worked in high and low temperature extremes, underwater, and wrote on many kinds of surfaces. According to the Fisher Pen company, after extensive testing, NASA chose the pen in 1967 for use by Apollo astronauts and it's been a part of space travel ever since. The company says it took Fisher about 2 years and $2 million to develop the space pen. Prior to 1967, there were no pens that worked in space so there were pencils used, but there were concerns about pencil dust floating around the space capsules as well as fears that if the tip of a pencil broke off and drifted into the electronics, there would be problems.

The next photo will have “Something spherical” in it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (SpaceFaring.jpg)
83.4 KB20 views
Reply With Quote
  #351  
Old 28-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Omaroo's Avatar
Omaroo (Chris Malikoff)
Let there be night...

Omaroo is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney/Cooma
Posts: 7,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Okay, I’ve waited long enough for an ISS or Shuttle photo. Materials and equipment used by a Space faring nation on missions.

Velcro:
1969 Jun 7 - Use of Velcro in Apollo CSM discussed
ASPO Manager George Low suggested to MSC Director of Flight Crew Operations Donald K. Slayton that beginning with Apollo 12 Velcro applications should be "in a spacecraft configuration and not vice versa." In the past, Velcro applications had presumably been made in the spacecraft to conform to the configurations used in training.

Buzz Aldrin's Apollo 11 Suit
http://history.nasa.gov/alsj/a11/AldrinLEVA7.jpg

Space pen:
The famous space pen, which is still a popular product today, was developed by Paul Fisher the founder of the Fisher pen company. An engineer who improved ball point technology, he created his "bullet pen" in the 1940's, which became one of the best-selling pens of the Twentieth Century. Later, he perfected a pen that was sealed with pressure inside of the cartridge that made the ink to flow regardless of gravity. It also worked in high and low temperature extremes, underwater, and wrote on many kinds of surfaces. According to the Fisher Pen company, after extensive testing, NASA chose the pen in 1967 for use by Apollo astronauts and it's been a part of space travel ever since. The company says it took Fisher about 2 years and $2 million to develop the space pen. Prior to 1967, there were no pens that worked in space so there were pencils used, but there were concerns about pencil dust floating around the space capsules as well as fears that if the tip of a pencil broke off and drifted into the electronics, there would be problems.

The next photo will have “Something spherical” in it.
Excellent Dennis It could have been a Russian (who would know) pencil!
Reply With Quote
  #352  
Old 28-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Dennis is offline
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 10,775
Thanks Chris – I became impatient whilst waiting for someone to post an ISS overpass photo! I couldn’t find the only one I took some time ago with my Minolta DiMage 7hi.

Cheers

Dennis
Reply With Quote
  #353  
Old 30-10-2007, 11:07 PM
dugnsuz's Avatar
dugnsuz (Doug)
to baldly go...

dugnsuz is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hahndorf, South Australia
Posts: 4,200
Something Spherical

Hello all,

The spherical something is the patio heater
(bit of a long bow I know, just wanted to contribute!!)

The Next Photo should have something saucy in it

Doug
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_0022.jpg)
193.8 KB16 views
Reply With Quote
  #354  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:00 PM
h0ughy's Avatar
h0ughy (David)
DOGHOUSE REBORN

h0ughy is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NEWCASTLE NSW Australia
Posts: 30,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugnsuz View Post
Hello all,

The spherical something is the patio heater
(bit of a long bow I know, just wanted to contribute!!)

The Next Photo should have something saucy in it

Doug
ok use your imagination, quite a few had a heap of sauce even to be talked into this

The Next Photo should have something innovative in it
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (_IGP5108 (Large).JPG)
114.5 KB37 views
Reply With Quote
  #355  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:03 PM
ballaratdragons's Avatar
ballaratdragons (Ken)
The 'DRAGON MAN'

ballaratdragons is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the Dark at Snake Valley, Victoria
Posts: 14,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ughy View Post
ok use your imagination, quite a few had a heap of sauce even to be talked into this
Ahhh, the Melbourne Cup crowd
Reply With Quote
  #356  
Old 06-11-2007, 06:10 PM
dugnsuz's Avatar
dugnsuz (Doug)
to baldly go...

dugnsuz is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hahndorf, South Australia
Posts: 4,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ughy View Post
ok use your imagination, quite a few had a heap of sauce even to be talked into this

The Next Photo should have something innovative in it
lovely lookin' ladies!
that reminds me - time for my eye test
Doug
Reply With Quote
  #357  
Old 22-12-2007, 01:30 PM
h0ughy's Avatar
h0ughy (David)
DOGHOUSE REBORN

h0ughy is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NEWCASTLE NSW Australia
Posts: 30,417
we must be busy ok one cooled camera and a new focuser

The Next Photo should have something small in it
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (_IGP5315 (Large).JPG)
72.6 KB21 views
Reply With Quote
  #358  
Old 22-12-2007, 03:31 PM
sheeny's Avatar
sheeny (Al)
Spam Hunter

sheeny is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oberon NSW
Posts: 12,546
Here's a burned match head (at roughly 50x magnification). Captured with the Dinolite USB microscope.

The next photo will have an eye in it.

Al.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Burned-match-50x.jpg)
142.8 KB16 views
Reply With Quote
  #359  
Old 22-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Jarrod
Professor Chaos

Jarrod is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Geelong
Posts: 196
eight eyes , a wolf spider.

the next photo will have something Broken in it.

Jarrod.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (wolfspider3.jpg)
79.2 KB19 views
Reply With Quote
  #360  
Old 22-12-2007, 07:19 PM
RB's Avatar
RB (Andrew)
Moderator

RB is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 21,717
Wow cool shot Jarrod !
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time is now 05:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 | Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertisement
Celestron Australia
Advertisement
SkyWatcher Australia
Advertisement
Lunatico Astronomical
Advertisement
OzScopes Authorised Dealer
Advertisement
NexDome Observatories
Advertisement
Bintel
Advertisement
Meade Australia
Advertisement
Astronomy and Electronics Centre
Advertisement