Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2006, 09:26 PM
mickoking
Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt
The astro bug bites deep, my friend. Scratch and scratch... and scratch some more, and still the itch continues
Yes It cetainly does

BTW bowzer make sure you give us a review of ya 'scope
Old 08-02-2006, 10:16 AM
BowzerS14

No problems mickoking. I need some good weather and to be back in melbourne. Hopefully this saturday night will be good. I think thats the first chance im going to get to use it!!!!!

I had a look at Bintels web page and they have 1.25" and 2" Barlows at a asimilar price $69 V $99. I had a very brief chance to use the scope the day i got it in torquay (No time to set it up properly as the clouds were on there way so i dont really count this as using it properly). The 32mm 2" piece was great (mind u it was the only one i got to use). Ive seen a few threads on 2" V's 1.25" and it seems to come down to personal preference.
I like the idea of doubling the mag of the 32mm and still getting a nice wide FOV (or does ur FOV decrease to because of the increase in magnification). So i think this is the road i will take if i still get a nice wide FOV.

Cheers all