Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2024, 09:26 PM
kalon (Kevin)

Full astro setup, $5k: HEQ5, ZWO 1600MM, Askar FRA400, control PC, battery etc

Due to equipment repair costs and a new mortgage, I am selling my extremely capable smaller rig. I would rather sell as a single package, if there's no interest I will consider dividing.
  • HEQ5 Pro mount, retails for $1799 (Bintel link)
  • ZWO ASI 1600MM PRO, was previously sold for >$2000
  • ZWO 8x1.25" EFW, retails for $529 (Testar link)
  • Antlia 3.5nm HSO filters, was previously sold for ~$1200 ($400 each)
  • Antlia LRGB filters, retails for $529 (Testar Link)
  • Askar FRA400/5.6, retails for $2099 (Testar link)
  • ZWO 30 f/4 mini guide scope, retails for $179 (Testar link)
  • ZWO 120MM mini guide scope, retails for $259 (Testar link)
  • Pelican 1610 flight-capable travel case, with custom foam for the OTA, EFW and camera so that the imaging train is never disturbed, retails for $749 (John Barry link)
  • Beelink microPC (Intel i5) with full astrophotography suite of apps, retails for $499, apps listed below
  • Hardkorr battery box, retails for $179 (Snowy's link)
  • 2x Renogy 50Ah LiFePO4 batteries, retails for $600 (Renogy link) and can run everything for 5 days before needing a recharge. 4x Anderson connectors, 2x 12V cigarette lighter ports, 2x USB power port
  • EQMOD cable for direct control of the HEQ5 Pro
  • Bahtinov mask for perfect focus
  • All power and USB cables/hubs to run all equipment from the 12V battery box (uses 2 of the 4 large Anderson connectors and both cigarette ports)
This setup has produced some amazing shots and I am sad to part with it, however I am concentrating on my physical observatory and larger rig rather than this smaller, portable setup.

I am based in Sydney but if you're prepared to pay for shipping, I can send anywhere.

I am also offering if you are in Sydney, to spend a clear night to step you through the full operation of the rig; from unpacking, assembly, rough polar alignment, Nina setup, Nina polar alignment, using the Bahtinov mask to focus, target selection, sequence setup, all the way to imaging.

This would be a perfect "step up" rig for someone who is wanting automation, a longer focal length than camera lenses, or a more reliable mount than a SA2i. It also would compliment someone who wants a different setup, one that is portable enough to take to dark sites like I have done throughout the years.

I am a "teach a man to fish" kind of person, this rig will produce great shots from the first time you use it, with instruction.

The "buy new price" is around $10,000 but I am selling the full rig, plus instruction, for HALF RETAIL PRICE, $5,000

Sample images can be seen at https://telescopius.com/profile/lonosham-observatory and discussions can also be held on my Discord server at https://discord.gg/qTvDEeDF4P

Relevant apps on the PC are SharpCap (free), Stellarium, fully-configured ASCOM platform and EQMOD, Nina, ASTAP plate solver

Last edited by kalon; 11-03-2024 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 11-03-2024, 06:08 AM
kalon (Kevin)

Sold