Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Software and Computers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2008, 11:02 PM
shane shaw

photolib2002 & acuter digital imager

G'day bought this new acuter digital imager and was told it would work on Vista however it does not work.

The story sofar is I have a brand new notebook with windows vista home premium on it. I installed the software on the notebook and it works fine. the software is Photolib2002. The notebook has an inbuilt camera and it works with it. Now when I connect my camera to the note book it lights up and appears to be ready and I start the program Photolib2002 and it just stalls and is "not responding".

I tried starting the program and then connecting the camera and sthe same problem. The driver is installed for the camera because when I first connected it the computer acknowledged it.

I got smart and though maybe the camera on the computer is interfering with the program so I diable the onboard camera and then started again and the same problem "not responding"

Has anyone got this camera or had similar problems. I bout it locally because I was told it would work on vista if it is not going to work then it useless to me.

Any suggestions ? any appreciated. I have searched the net and there is nothing and there is a no web site for the acuter.

I attach the pdf link for the actual camera

http://www.skynewsmagazine.com/image...italimager.pdf

thanks in advance guys
Old 11-04-2008, 11:22 PM
shane shaw

i have now also tried compatibility mode and doesn't seem to work either.
Old 13-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Maverick

Wink Hi shane shaw

I have Acuter camera and Photolib2002 instaled on lapi with Vista Home Premium and it's working OK.I only changed compability mode to win98.
Try to remove software and camera from control panel and then reinstal them back but this time first disable built-in cam.From Add/Remove programs uninstall PhotoLib2002 and STV0672 Camera v102 install files
Hope will work
Mav
Old 13-04-2008, 10:31 PM
shane shaw

problem solved mate... I should have posted. I changed the compatability mode to win98 and it works fine. took a few trys and different versions but got it working.

I do have a question I had saturn on the cam last night and have a look at the image i got was not very well focused. I tried and tried to focus but the best i could get was a blurred saturn...... I took the barlow that comes with it off and put the small attachjment on and there was nothing ????
Old 13-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Maverick

hi shane

nice you got it running.I'v tried acuter yesterday on saturn with same results. Maybe next time will do better