Old 24-10-2009, 06:56 AM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

MPCC and QHY8

There's been some good discussion happening about the QHY8 lately which has sparked this question: can a MPCC be used in place of a field flattener?

I use a MPCC with my Newtonian and also a QHY8 - with a spacer from Peter Tan to maintain the 55mm separation between imaging plane and the MPCC. I'd like to use the QHY8 on other scopes - my new ED127 for example or even my GSO RC. So I am wondering whether I need to remove the MPCC before I do or whether I can keep the whole shebang together (perhaps even my whole OAG setup) and move it from scope to scope.
Peter
Old 24-10-2009, 09:11 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

I think the baader specs say that the MPCC can be used on FL from 400 to 700mm. So it would work on other scopes I assume. I used it on my ED80 with a different spacing and it seemed to correct ok.
Old 24-10-2009, 10:11 AM
gbeal

Peter,
in the whole time I had a QHY8, I used the aforementioned spacer and the MPCC with everything, from the AlexN Lomo, through my 10" f5 newt, and an AT8" imaging newt. I even use it on my FLT132, when I use a DSLR
Worked for me.
Gary
Old 25-10-2009, 08:29 PM
AlexN
Tunnel Vision

As we discussed last night Peter... Yep... works a treat... The images I took last night at your place are in the deep sky imaging forum now... dead flat fields.. Brilliant!