Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2020, 05:51 PM
gerry aarts (Gerry)

Celestron Nexstar GPS11 $3200

Celestron GPS 1100 XLT, Carbon Fibre ATO, Fork Mount Telescope.
This one was made by Celestron In The USA before they got taken over and moved their manufacturing to Asia. Carbon Fibre ATO. Super quite operation. Excellent optics. In Altazimuth mode at f10 with a 32mm eyepiece, it can track an object and easily keep it the field of view for an hour or more. Once aligned, It slews accurately and places the requested object in the field of view of a 32mm eyepiece at f10 every time, and from zenith to the horizon..

Since the GPS roll over it currently does not operate in GPS mode. However with the recently acquired and provided Nextsar+ hand controller, by in putting the current time, date, longitude, latitude then choosing the Sky Align option alignment is very easy. With Sky Align you just point the scope at any three stars (you do not need to know their name). and the scope will be aligned in just a few minutes. I have updated the Nextstar+ Hand Control software to the latest version.

Price ($3,200AU) Includes the following items: Celestron GPS11 Carbon Fibre Telescope, Eyepieces, Star Diagonal, f3.3 Focal Reducer, Losmandy Bars, Telrad Finder, Celestron Finder Scope, Tripod, Scope Corrector Plate Cover, Orion Planetary Imager, 12volt Dew Control Heat Strap. For the astro-photagrapher, the asking price also includes the Celestron Standard EQ Wedge required for long exposure deep sky Astro-photography. The current new price for an aluminium ATO CPC11 is $7000 with minor extras.

If you wish to purchase the telescope together with the Celestron Heavy Duty Wedge for $490AU (new cost $999) I will discount the heavy duty wedge asking price by 10% and still include the standard wedge. This is offered to the buyer of this telescope only. If the telescope buyer does not purchase the wedge I will sell separate. Please PM me if you only want to buy the Celestron Heavy Duty Wedge, first to do so will get first option.

Ckeck out some of my images I captured with this telescope on the WSAAG site.
https://www.wsaag.org/index.php/gall...l-1-15#joomimg
https://www.wsaag.org/index.php/gall...axies/gal-1-20
https://www.wsaag.org/index.php/gall...l-1-18#joomimg

Why am I selling this fantastic gear. Its excess to my requirements. I still own a Celestron HD Edge11 on an EQ mount and associated gear. I also find lifting the 30kg GPS11
scope onto the tripod more difficult as I get older.. I had this conveniently set up in a permanent observatory near Mudgee for some time but moved back to Penrith. Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Delivery is not really an option with this heavy equipment and the ability for me to pack it securely is not possible. So pick up from Cambridge Gardens near Penrith NSW is the primary option.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (aIMG_9350.jpg)
110.3 KB69 views
Click for full-size image (aIMG_9355.jpg)
111.8 KB76 views
Click for full-size image (aIMG_9364.jpg)
119.8 KB65 views
Click for full-size image (aIMG_9365.jpg)
140.5 KB54 views
Click for full-size image (aIMG_9368.jpg)
115.2 KB54 views
Click for full-size image (A Celestron.jpg)
96.8 KB66 views
Click for full-size image (M33 Galaxy 4x10 min exp.jpg)
181.2 KB50 views
Click for full-size image (Trapezium301210 1150pm 30secx20 f3_3 008 Hubble Pallet (c) Gerry aarts 2010.jpg)
130.2 KB45 views

Last edited by gerry aarts; 17-12-2020 at 01:46 PM. Reason: add photos