Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2014, 08:59 PM
HCR32 (Peter)

Fsq130

Found the price of the FSQ130.
http://www.kyoei-tokyo.jp/shopdetail/000000006021/

works out to be just over $12000 AUD you have to add the shipping and gst.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:22 PM
tlgerdes (Trevor)
Love the moonless nights!

At that price it might be worth a flight and an old suitcase to smuggle it in
Old 05-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Exfso (Peter)

I hate to think what Claude will charge for it
Old 05-12-2014, 10:37 PM
Hans Tucker (Hans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exfso View Post
I hate to think what Claude will charge for it
Since he is not adjusting his web prices with the improved AUD/YEN exchange rate...I hate to think what the AEC price would be as well.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:19 AM
gregbradley

Holy Cow! And I bet that doesn't include the rings, the finder scope, the finder scope quick release bracket and any adapters. I guess it has 5 lenses to get just right. I wonder why it has 5 when the 106ED only has 4.

I am sure its a wonderful scope but a bit over the top for 130mm. I guess we have to wait and see what wonderful images it produces.

I must say I was very tempted when I first heard of it. Its way overdue from Tak as the FSQ line has to be their most successful product.

Greg.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:50 AM
Stefan Buda

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
I guess it has 5 lenses to get just right. I wonder why it has 5 when the 106ED only has 4.

Greg.
I'm sure it is because if you just scale up from 106 to 130, you also scale up the image aberrations. So in order to maintain the same spot sizes they needed to introduce an extra lens.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Camelopardalis (Dunk)
Drifting from the pole

Just think of all the light loss from having 5 lenses
Old 06-12-2014, 11:27 AM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelopardalis View Post
Just think of all the light loss from having 5 lenses
Mind you a normal triplet with a field flattener is running at 5 to 6 lenses. Flatteners are usually doublets or triplets.

Greg.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:22 PM
Camelopardalis (Dunk)
Drifting from the pole

it'd be fun trying to spot the difference
Old 06-12-2014, 01:58 PM
raymo

Camera lenses commonly have 12 to 15 pieces of glass in them.
raymo
Old 06-12-2014, 03:43 PM
Hans Tucker (Hans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Holy Cow! And I bet that doesn't include the rings, the finder scope, the finder scope quick release bracket and any adapters. I guess it has 5 lenses to get just right. I wonder why it has 5 when the 106ED only has 4.

I am sure its a wonderful scope but a bit over the top for 130mm. I guess we have to wait and see what wonderful images it produces.

I must say I was very tempted when I first heard of it. Its way overdue from Tak as the FSQ line has to be their most successful product.

Greg.
I must say that I was tempted also but if the price is around the $12K I might have to have a rethink...maybe the TOA-150B would be a better buy.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:05 PM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

Good point Hans , me personally I would rather have a Celestron CGE PRO 1400 , for the asking price of 13k .
My choice , a total powerful observing package , and this comes with a couple of good eyepieces .
Brian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Tucker View Post
I must say that I was tempted also but if the price is around the $12K I might have to have a rethink...maybe the TOA-150B would be a better buy.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:27 AM
gregbradley

Quote:

Good point. I have seen some TOA150's go for about US$8500 or less in the last 6 months. It would be hard to imagine the FSQ130 being better than one of those.

Greg.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:53 PM
uwahl (Ulrich)
Mr Avalot To'Learn

An earlier post of mine on the Takahashi FSQ 130 thread - looks like it was a reasonable guess (unfortunately!).

My guess - FSQ 106 is about 1.6 x price of nearest aperture "normal" Tak (TSA102super). Based on TOA 130 NFB price of $8490 that gives a price of about $14000 (to the nearest thousand). God almighty - I might have to go back to work!
Old 07-12-2014, 11:06 PM
issdaol (Phil)

Quote:
Since he is not adjusting his web prices with the improved AUD/YEN exchange rate...I hate to think what the AEC price would be as well.
Best bet is to give him a call (with earmuffs handy that is lol).

I have found his Tak pricing able to beat any international supplier for new Tak gear when you factor everything in.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:37 AM
Hans Tucker (Hans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by issdaol View Post
Best bet is to give him a call (with earmuffs handy that is lol).

I have found his Tak pricing able to beat any international supplier for new Tak gear when you factor everything in.
I have recently purchased two Takahashi LE eyepieces from AEC and the pricing I was charged was based on when the AUD/YEN exchange rate was 90.2. The AUD/YEN exchange rate is over the 1.00 mark so effectively AEC prices should be adjusted around 96 but they haven't shifted in months. There is also another issue with this latest transaction that has me annoyed, so much that this will be my last dealings with AEC. I will have to seek out another supplier of Takahashi gear, particularly since I am in the market for a larger Takahashi scope. This is just my experience.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:21 AM
Kunama

Quote:
I have recently purchased two Takahashi LE eyepieces from AEC and the pricing I was charged was based on when the AUD/YEN exchange rate was 90.2. The AUD/YEN exchange rate is over the 1.00 mark so effectively AEC prices should be adjusted around 96 but they haven't shifted in months. There is also another issue with this latest transaction that has me annoyed, so much that this will be my last dealings with AEC. I will have to seek out another supplier of Takahashi gear, particularly since I am in the market for a larger Takahashi scope. This is just my experience.
I would guess you were charged at that rate as they would have been in stock and he would have bought them in at that rate, I have bought many items new from AEC and his prices have been on par or cheaper than other sources at the time.

Items AEC have ordered in for me direct from Tak have been charged at the current rate of the day of order.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:56 PM
Hans Tucker (Hans)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunama View Post
I would guess you were charged at that rate as they would have been in stock and he would have bought them in at that rate, I have bought many items new from AEC and his prices have been on par or cheaper than other sources at the time.

Items AEC have ordered in for me direct from Tak have been charged at the current rate of the day of order.
Nope, not the case. AEC had to order the HI-LE 2.8mm in as it was not in stock. The price for this eyepiece was not adjusted for the improved AUD/YEN exchange rate. I guess AEC gives some customers better deals than others.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:59 PM
issdaol (Phil)

Quote:
Nope, not the case. AEC had to order the HI-LE 2.8mm in as it was not in stock. The price for this eyepiece was not adjusted for the improved AUD/YEN exchange rate. I guess AEC gives some customers better deals than others.
Very strange.

When I purchased my Mewlon 300 and EM400 from him he was quite a bit better than any other supplier. That included freight, import and insurance as well.

Plus he has continued to maintain great pricing for all my other Tak purchases including the TSA120.

My Ioptron Mount and Baader Wedge were cheaper than any price I could find on the web or get verbally through other options.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:52 AM
Logieberra (Logan)

Video introducing the 'Pappa Q'.
Ready to ship April 2015.
http://youtu.be/z_KXCr4L7tU
Enjoy