Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26-06-2016, 05:33 PM
SuperG

How do you Auto Guide?

I have a netbook with USB, an ASI120MC and Skywatcher EQ5Pro (With hand controller and autoguide port on the mount). Please help me with the connection configuration please.
Old 26-06-2016, 05:42 PM
Somnium (Aidan)
Aidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperG View Post
I have a netbook with USB, an ASI120MC and Skywatcher EQ5Pro (With hand controller and autoguide port on the mount). Please help me with the connection configuration please.
the 120MC should have come with 2 cables, the USB cable goes from the camera to the computer, the ST4 goes directly from the camera into the autoguider port. you just need a program like PHD2 and you are ready to go.
Old 26-06-2016, 06:56 PM
glend (Glen)

In my experience Metaguide works better with high frame rate video cameras like the ASI range. The guide cable is an RJ type and it should have come with your camera. What guide scope are you using? What is the main imaging scope.
Old 26-06-2016, 07:20 PM
SuperG

Thanks for the reply. I purchased my ASI120MC a a while a go and it came with an ST4 cable that was phone socket type to RS-232 (Serial). Can I assume that the ST4 cable you talk about is just an RJ12 6P6C cable?
Old 26-06-2016, 07:24 PM
SuperG

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
In my experience Metaguide works better with high frame rate video cameras like the ASI range. The guide cable is an RJ type and it should have come with your camera. What guide scope are you using? What is the main imaging scope.
1. Please see below. I've had the cam for quite a while. and came with a RJ12 to RS232 type cable for a mount.

2. I have a ZWO 60280 guidescope and want to use a GSO 150mm F6 newt as the main scope.

thanks so much.