Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17-01-2024, 04:01 PM
Atko90 (Daniel)

Starizona APEX ED 0.65x Reducer/Flattener

G'day all,

For sale is my Starizona Apex reducer/flattener "L" version for focal lengths 500mm and above.

I've been using this with my Skywatcher Evolux 82ED which I've recently parted with, and my ZWO 533MC. It was a great combo taking it from F6.5 to F4.2, but I've downsized to a smaller scope and more travel friendly rig.

Excellent condition asking $575 with express postage included.

More info below from Starizona's website below.

Cheers,

Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the Apex ED reducer, an f/5.5 apo refractor becomes an incredibly fast f/3.6 astrograph. A slower f/9 telescope like an RC becomes a speedy f/5.9 system. The reduction factor provides a 1.5x wider field of view and shortens exposure times by a factor of 2.4x!

The Apex ED reducer features extra-low disperion glass to eliminate chromatic aberration and to provide sharp star images over a 30mm image circle, capable of working with most popular CCD, CMOS and DSLR cameras up to APS-C format.

The Apex ED reducer fits into a standard 2" focuser. It has M42 T-threads on the camera side, and it can accept a standard 2" (M48) filter on the telescope side for easy use of light-pollution or other filters. On Meade ACF telescopes, the Apex can be attached using a 2" visual back.

For select refractors, we make optional threaded adapters to allow direct threaded attachment of the Apex reducer, eliminating the possibility of tilt introduced by the standard focuser clamp ring.

"L" and "S" Versions

To optimize the Apex ED for the best possible performance, there are two versions of the lens. The "L" version is designed for telescopes with focal lengths 500mm and longer. This includes most larger (100mm+) refractors and all RC and ACF telescopes. The "S" version is for telescopes with focal lengths from 300-500mm, including most 60-80mm apo refractors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Starizona 2.jpg)
184.9 KB36 views
Click for full-size image (Starizona 3.jpg)
194.8 KB27 views
Click for full-size image (Starizona 1.jpg)
190.7 KB36 views
Click for full-size image (Starizona 4.jpg)
191.4 KB19 views
Click for full-size image (Starizona 5.jpg)
189.5 KB33 views
Click for full-size image (Dragons of Ara.jpg)
192.2 KB35 views
Click for full-size image (Orion.jpg)
194.3 KB38 views
Click for full-size image (Tarantula.jpg)
194.2 KB41 views

Last edited by Atko90; 17-01-2024 at 04:32 PM.
Old 18-01-2024, 05:18 PM
Stev0 (Steve)

next in line

if you dont sell this, i would be interested