Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
  #1  
Old 06-09-2019, 10:14 AM
LewisM's Avatar
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

LewisM is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere in the cosmos...
Posts: 9,983
DO NOT buy Woolworths salt!

You will be exterminated!

Someone call a Doctor, but which Doctor? Who do we call?

Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (dalek.jpg)
85.7 KB177 views
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-09-2019, 10:19 AM
glend (Glen)
Registered User

glend is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Macquarie
Posts: 6,037
Doctor Who of course. I am curious about what the other foreign 2% might be?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-09-2019, 10:38 AM
MortonH's Avatar
MortonH
Deprived of starlight

MortonH is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Doctor Who of course. I am curious about what the other foreign 2% might be?
Metal shavings from the planet Skaro.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-09-2019, 10:39 AM
LewisM's Avatar
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

LewisM is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere in the cosmos...
Posts: 9,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonH View Post
Metal shavings from the planet Skaro.
I was gonna say Dalek pee, but I like yours
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-09-2019, 11:00 AM
Retrograde's Avatar
Retrograde (Pete)
a.k.a. @AstroscapePete

Retrograde is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,191
ExtermiNate
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-09-2019, 11:22 AM
Nikolas's Avatar
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Nikolas is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,833
made n Australia from 98% australian ingredients what the hell is the other 2%??????
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-09-2019, 11:26 AM
pfitzgerald's Avatar
pfitzgerald (Paul)
Registered User

pfitzgerald is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 604
Man...this is starting to look like a case of cyber bullying!

Delete, delete, delete.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-09-2019, 11:58 AM
LewisM's Avatar
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

LewisM is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere in the cosmos...
Posts: 9,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfitzgerald View Post
Man...this is starting to look like a case of cyber bullying!

Delete, delete, delete.
OK?

Woosh, right over my head it seems...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-09-2019, 11:59 AM
Atmos's Avatar
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Atmos is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfitzgerald View Post
Man...this is starting to look like a case of cyber bullying!

Delete, delete, delete.
Paul, are you sure you're not getting confused with the Cybermen
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-09-2019, 12:32 PM
DeWynter's Avatar
DeWynter (ILYA)
Registered User

DeWynter is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
made n Australia from 98% australian ingredients what the hell is the other 2%??????
Standard label for something that contains a tiny bit of different stuff. In this case it's an anti caking agent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (sea-salt.jpg)
37.5 KB51 views
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-09-2019, 12:38 PM
AstralTraveller's Avatar
AstralTraveller (David)
Registered User

AstralTraveller is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wollongong
Posts: 3,654
So you can't use this salt in cakes? Sounds odd. What about scones?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-09-2019, 12:57 PM
DeWynter's Avatar
DeWynter (ILYA)
Registered User

DeWynter is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 102
Scones, crepes, bread - fine. No cakes, pancakes, cupcakes etc. Sorry. Otherwise table salt police will send you a fine.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-09-2019, 01:27 PM
AstralTraveller's Avatar
AstralTraveller (David)
Registered User

AstralTraveller is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wollongong
Posts: 3,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWynter View Post
Scones, crepes, bread - fine. No cakes, pancakes, cupcakes etc. Sorry. Otherwise table salt police will send you a fine.
A fine what? Surely not a cake?! (Sorry ... it must be Friday)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-09-2019, 01:34 PM
DeWynter's Avatar
DeWynter (ILYA)
Registered User

DeWynter is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
A fine what? Surely not a cake?! (Sorry ... it must be Friday)
Nah! It's all anti cake campaign!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-09-2019, 01:48 PM
leon's Avatar
leon
Registered User

leon is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ballarat
Posts: 11,178
I heard a story about that pink salt you can buy in one of those things you grind yourself.
Anyway apparently it has not long been discovered some years i expect and it has been under the ground for 3000 years than they stick a label on it, best before, I'm sure you know the rest.

Leon
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-09-2019, 02:20 PM
DeWynter's Avatar
DeWynter (ILYA)
Registered User

DeWynter is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
I heard a story about that pink salt you can buy in one of those things you grind yourself.
Anyway apparently it has not long been discovered some years i expect and it has been under the ground for 3000 years than they stick a label on it, best before, I'm sure you know the rest.

Leon
Sorry for being Captain Obvious (it's Friday and my only thoughs right now about a glass of red wine and a steak with a pinch of table salt ), but 'Best Before' is kinda legal thing you have to put on all edible stuff and it doesn't matter if it expires or not. Also coloured salt like Himalayan potentially can fade in daylight and loose it's 'selling point'.

However '99% Fat Free Spring Water' is 100% marketing thing
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-09-2019, 02:38 PM
xelasnave's Avatar
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

xelasnave is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tabulam
Posts: 13,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
I heard a story about that pink salt you can buy in one of those things you grind yourself.
Anyway apparently it has not long been discovered some years i expect and it has been under the ground for 3000 years than they stick a label on it, best before, I'm sure you know the rest.

Leon
I am using pink salt as it was given to me when I set up here in the van and found I did it have salt..my daughter has it so.... . It is said that it is definitely better than white salt but as I am colour blind I cant tell the difference.
Alex
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-09-2019, 07:08 AM
SimmoW's Avatar
SimmoW (SIMON)
Farting Nebulae

SimmoW is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Tamleugh, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 1,354
Its gotta be good - as used by Davros!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-09-2019, 07:11 AM
doppler's Avatar
doppler (Rick)
Registered User

doppler is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mackay
Posts: 1,603
Anti caking agent 554, sodium aluminosilicate. Best to grind your own rock salt.

https://sites.google.com/site/healthpartisan/salt-alert---aluminium
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-09-2019, 08:29 AM
pfitzgerald's Avatar
pfitzgerald (Paul)
Registered User

pfitzgerald is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 604
No - I'm not confused between the two. Just thought I'd have a little play on words and throw them into the mix. by the looks of it I was a too obtuse though! My bad. Love the OP though (and Lewis' previous one) - gave me a real chuckle.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time is now 12:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 | Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertisement
Bintel
Advertisement
NexDome Observatories
Advertisement
Testar
Advertisement
Limpet Controller
Advertisement
Astronomy and Electronics Centre
Advertisement