Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2017, 04:55 AM
chuckscap (Chuck)

TEC 7 on its way, headed for my Evolution mount

Hi bought an Evolution 9.25 a few months ago. Really had no intention of replacing the C9.25 which seems really good based on only two times out, but a TEC 7 became available and what the heck, who needs two kidneys anyway? Actually with the sale of my C9.25 and my orange C14 I no longer have a mount for, it will be a wash

My current Evolution 9.25

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...psbi4gx2ia.jpg

My TEC 7 on it's way, should be here this Wednesday.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...s6vzawwtd.jpeg
Old 06-03-2017, 04:31 PM
casstony

Hi Chuck, like the TEC, don't mind the guns for self defence in the wild, don't like the dead bear pictures.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:03 AM
chuckscap (Chuck)

Sorry didn't link those. Browse at your own risk ... There's a reason they call us bloody Yanks!

Last edited by chuckscap; 07-03-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Old 26-03-2017, 06:20 AM
chuckscap (Chuck)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckscap View Post
Sorry didn't link those. Browse at your own risk ... There's a reason they call us bloody Yanks!
It's mounted and has beautiful optics. The Evolution mount works fine including Starsense with the TEC 7. Had to buy a Vixen to Losmandy dovetail adapter. Once again, sorry about the bear pictures don't know how to limit access to just certain images.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...pshf5bfhgu.jpg
Old 26-03-2017, 10:08 AM
casstony

You can post up to 200kb pictures directly in the thread by scrolling down to manage attachments. Many people will browse your album looking for other astro pics and run into the extremely polarizing issue of big game hunting.

In Australia we calm large beasts with hypnotic hand gestures and soothing whispers, to the point where they just wander off or fall asleep; maybe give that a try next time you meet a bear
Old 26-03-2017, 10:24 AM
glend (Glen)

The TEC looks to be a nice scope, but clearly different worlds, lose the gun pics for this forum. Doesn't impress.

Last edited by glend; 26-03-2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:57 AM
chuckscap (Chuck)

Quote:
Originally Posted by casstony View Post
You can post up to 200kb pictures directly in the thread by scrolling down to manage attachments. Many people will browse your album looking for other astro pics and run into the extremely polarizing issue of big game hunting.

In Australia we calm large beasts with hypnotic hand gestures and soothing whispers, to the point where they just wander off or fall asleep; maybe give that a try next time you meet a bear
Thanks Tony, first time this issue has occurred. I will use your advice if I ever post a picture here again. I too love animals but occasionally hunt. In the Western U.S. this isn't a problem but we tend to be less civilized.