Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2017, 01:01 PM
Shiraz (Ray)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan View Post
Alex, this is politics that starts with demagoguery and could end as (neo)fascism. Plain and simple.
This process was observed to happen many times in the (distant and not too distant) past.... No democracy is immune.
exactly. particularly when you look at the very shadowy figure in the background of the photos (the one without the suit). Steve Bannon was not elected and his appointment to a permanent position on the National Security Council was not vetted in any way by elected officials. So the future direction of the US is now in the hands of someone who has no knowledge or experience of any form of public service, advised by someone with admitted extreme alt-right views and no accountability to the people. eeeek.

Last edited by Shiraz; 09-02-2017 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-02-2017, 05:06 PM
csb (Craig)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutronstar View Post
I am surprised that so many sheeple are sucked in by the main stream news headlines and have so little idea of what is going on.
So you have better sources of information?

In regard to US politics, how can any general citizen, especially Australian, have a comprehensive and factual overview of the situation.

I think most people realise the news media gives distorted and not so reliable infi. So we interpret the news through personal filters.

Where do you get your information that shows that Trump is better than Clinton as president? Your understanding (& your opinion) on these things is from the same sources that most people get their stories/facts - news media. Correct?

(Of course it is possible that you actually move within the elite political arena. Is that perhaps so?)

Lastly, go on twitter and read Trump's posts for yourself. The news media are reporting his actual words. You can easily get negative impression of this president by his actual words and deeds. Trump DID order the travel ban as reported.

Last edited by csb; 09-02-2017 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:50 PM
Orionskies (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutronstar View Post
Thank goodness Trump got in, the alternative that was presented would have been so much worse. I am surprised that so many sheeple are sucked in by the main stream news headlines and have so little idea of what is going on. The sheeple would be baaaing loud if the other candidate were in. Trumps predecessor was a waste of time.
I'd back Hillary over Trump any day (Trump seems disaster prone but very entertaining!).

I'm happy though that Trump has rattled the cages over the Mainstream News Media.... Can't stand em and wish they'd wake up to themselves.

Both candidates were very unpopular and at times Hillary was divisive" basket of deplorable's". But Trump set the Gold standard of divisiveness thru his speeches, Tweets and policies.

The end result of Trumps low standards is banging in the streets now. I'm sure if Hillary had won there would've have been lots of bang banging as well.

I believe Obama was a great President, he is underrated now but will only improve with time.....

Now that Trump is the President I'd like him to succeed but seriously doubt he is capable.

cheers julian
Old 09-02-2017, 10:53 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Clearly Trump is better than anyone else. He can tell you so.
Dont let this thread die.
We dont want to be reminded but thats what we must do.
Vigilance ... Is that the word?
Its sad, its bad, but sadly its what we must face.
Post and post but do not forget what is on our plate.
He is out to get us and you must know who.
Rally rally friends but I dont know what to do.
But whilst we speak maybe we notice who disappears... who? "that answer will tell us what to do.
Alex
Old 10-02-2017, 12:35 AM
clive milne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionskies View Post

I believe Obama was a great President,
Well, if Rupert Murdoch says so, it must be true.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:50 AM
clive milne

Quote:
Originally Posted by csb View Post
Where do you get your information that shows that Trump is better than Clinton as president? Your understanding (& your opinion) on these things is from the same sources that most people get their stories/facts - news media. Correct?

(Of course it is possible that you actually move within the elite political arena. Is that perhaps so?)
Craig, Whilst I loath the image of Trump that is projected through the lame-stream media, and concede that at least some of the ad-hominem is no doubt true and a fair reflection of the man. I also acknowledge that Clinton is an unprincipled, inveterate liar. An utterly corrupt psychopath with the blood of countless innocent people on her hands... you don't need to be in the inner circle of washington criminals to ascertain that.

The argument should not be about whether we should have chosen a shot glass of hemlock over lashings of hydrofluoric acid to the 4-skin (applied with a cheese grater), but a contemplation of why these were the only two choices...

The game is rigged folks... neither Snowball nor Napoleon were anything other than pigs at a trough at the end of the day, no matter how much they dressed up and pretended to be otherwise.

Last edited by clive milne; 10-02-2017 at 01:01 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:02 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Clive the magicians art is via misdirection.
What do we miss whilst our gaze is upon the right (hand).
Alex
Old 10-02-2017, 01:09 AM
clive milne

Alex, the last time I posted the truth of it, (one of) our dear moderators deemed it inappropriate for IIS consumption... so they deleted it. (a not infrequent occurrence)

No argument or contest as to its veracity, (it was 100% factual, from their own mouths) and nor was their any suggestion that I verbally abused anyone, mind you...

This pub has both types of music here... Country AND Western...

Last edited by clive milne; 10-02-2017 at 01:33 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:58 AM
Orionskies (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clive milne View Post
Well, if Rupert Murdoch says so, it must be true.
I'm surprised Rupert loved Obama since Fox loves Trump for now. I think what made Obama great was his actions and willingness to accept even the unacceptable.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:15 AM
csb (Craig)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clive milne View Post
Alex, the last time I posted the truth of it, (one of) our dear moderators deemed it inappropriate for IIS consumption... so they deleted it. (a not infrequent occurrence)

No argument or contest as to its veracity, (it was 100% factual, from their own mouths) and nor was their any suggestion that I verbally abused anyone, mind you...
This is how Trump talks. Criticism of those he perceives as acting against him without any facts or just ignoring any facts. And using misdirection as you have in the 2nd paragraph above.

Octane, who is not a mod, realised how inappropriate the video was. So the mod was not acting against you.

Clinton or Trump? The actual problem is having man (or woman) in charge. Human leadership has caused all the worlds problems.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:51 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
This is how Trump talks. Criticism of those he perceives as acting against him without any facts or just ignoring any facts. And using misdirection as you have in the 2nd paragraph above.

Octane, who is not a mod, realised how inappropriate the video was. So the mod was not acting against you.

Clinton or Trump? The actual problem is having man (or woman) in charge. Human leadership has caused all the worlds problems.
Imagine being president, or at least it could play out.
You have a lay back weekend, playing video games where you get to blow up stuff, stay up late with your tweets and forums where no one knows that "houseman 554" is the president just guy talking cramp and you engage in a few squabbles... You get in Monday morning feeling cranky... Mmmmmm
Alex
Old 10-02-2017, 02:49 PM
csb (Craig)

So who are you really xelasnave? And is that really your name?

It would be great if Trump woke up - "Jeez, it was just a dream!"
Old 10-02-2017, 03:10 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
So who are you really xelasnave? And is that really your name?

It would be great if Trump woke up - "Jeez, it was just a dream!"
What a movie. Make up a president just so over the top not even having a go at Trump but a mythical one man rules all... Wait we have had that in real life, not a comedy as I wish for.

Totally fictional but over the top crazy outcomes.... Its fun running sceens in my head making up the script as I go. Wish I could wifi my head and get a print out.
Imagination what a wonderful thing it is...

Alex
Old 10-02-2017, 03:20 PM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

If you haven't already, you must see the movie Idiocracy.

H
Old 10-02-2017, 03:26 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post
If you haven't already, you must see the movie Idiocracy.

H
I have not but will.
Its been done I presume.
Anyways I have finshed my imaginary script.
Alex
Old 10-02-2017, 03:28 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I am now thinking about mirrors on a car and the drag at high speed and in fact will open a thread.
Alex
Old 10-02-2017, 03:49 PM
csb (Craig)

Alex, how do you even manage to stay on topic for more than one sentence?!
Old 10-02-2017, 06:50 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Trump can order removal of rear view mirrors and save motorist money so they can afford a tax on cams.
Alex
Old 10-02-2017, 08:37 PM
JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
I am now thinking about mirrors on a car and the drag at high speed and in fact will open a thread.
Alex
It's a real DRAG .....

Best
JA
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Its a DRAG.jpg)
32.6 KB7 views
Old 11-02-2017, 12:19 PM
Shiraz (Ray)

just doing a crossword and just realised that it is all in a name

trump up
Concoct fraudulently, fabricate, as in They trumped up a charge of conspiracy, or She had trumped up another excuse for not doing the work. This expression, first recorded in 1695, uses trump in the sense of "devise fraudulently," a usage otherwise obsolete.
See also: trump, up
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 2003, 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

Last edited by Shiraz; 11-02-2017 at 12:30 PM.