Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15-03-2023, 09:24 PM
Mickconn77 (Mick)

Exposure Fail -ASI294MC Pro

All of a sudden my 294 has died.

It is still recognised by ASIAIR PRO, PC (asi studio, Nina, Sharpcap) etc. but it will not transfer an image.

Have had zwo support suggest a new usb board, which I’ve now realised is the whole main board, so I’m assuming it’s not going to be cheap.

Has anyone else had to replace this part? Any idea of cost? Or did you discover another solution?
Old 16-03-2023, 10:18 AM
AdamJL

Out of curiosity. you've tried a different USB cable? ZWO standard flat cables are rubbish and are known to fail.
Old 17-03-2023, 05:07 PM
Doogs38 (Alex)
Wingnut

I’ve had this before with my ASIAIR+ and 294MC. Turned out to be USB 2/3 interference and simply reorganising which USB cable went into which USB port fixed the problem for me. YMMV. Alex
Old 15-04-2023, 05:41 PM
rmuhlack (Richard)
Professional Nerd

Hi Mick - have you managed to resolve this issue (or narrow down what the problem is) ?
Old 18-04-2023, 06:21 AM
Mickconn77 (Mick)

Ok so weird one…

I completely disassembled the camera to see if there was any evidence of damage to the board. Simon Lewis suggested purchasing a new board so i figured I didn’t have much to lose.
There was slight evidence of water damage but it had not been outside between having worked and then not working again. In any case I used some PCB cleaner on the board and connected just the board to the PC to see if it recognised it, which it did as it did before.
I then decided to reassemble it and before connecting to the PC, I connected it to the Asiair.
It began working straight away without any indication of a problem.
I have not since reconnected it to the PC in fear the same thing will happen. But it’s still working.

It still didn’t work when connected to the PC.
Old 18-04-2023, 08:31 PM
oska (John)
Illucid

Have you reinstalled the driver on the PC? My 2600 would connect but not not actually work. Curiously the ASCOM driver worked. Driver reinstall fixed it for me.
Old 18-04-2023, 08:45 PM
Mickconn77 (Mick)

I had updated all drivers, have no idea why connecting it to the PC to begin with made it stop working with the Asiair.