Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16-04-2024, 08:51 AM
hotspur (Chris)

Needing a service on Vixen GPDX2 mount

Looking for a reputable business or person that has experience to pull apart this mount and getting running properly. I have SS2K controller and motors.When given a command sometimes it stops and 'binds up' think it mainly in Dec.l have attached the same motors and controller to a Vixen GP mount and no issues, it's all running very well and smooth, so problem in other mount.

I sent the mount and controller to a supposedly reputable larger telescope shop and business two year ago to be fixed.After $230 of costs and postage ,the controller cables were damaged and service was not carried out well,l had to send cables and controller to a scientific electronic engineer to be fixed, thankfully he did the job well,so after all this expenses l am now back at the start. I really don't want to have to pull it apart and do it myself,happy to pay for an experienced person to do this,other option is to send to Japan back to Vixen which l might have to do.l did make contact with a Chao on iss named Richard l think that dis send me diagrams to fix it unfortunately lost his number.l have attached photos so hope they load.
Old 16-04-2024, 09:40 AM
rrussell1962

PM sent.

Richard
Old 19-04-2024, 08:59 AM
Loupy31 (Peter)
Invented the Four Track

how long have you had this mount?