Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Star Parties, Club and Community Events
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2024, 12:41 PM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Queensland Astrophotographers & Photographers

Hi all, This is just a heads-up that, alongside many talented photographers, I'll be presenting at the Photographic Society of Queensland Convention, 4-6 May 2024.

For those interested, the full program and details are here - https://psq-convention.com.au/

I'll be delivering two different presentations.

The first Wonders of the Universe: Exposed, explores some of the best practices I have learned for suburban and rural deep space imaging, from researching unique target selection with galaxy maps and scientific resources to equipment and processing methods interwoven with humour, references to popular culture, paradolia, UFOs, science fiction, and a little bit of Star Trek.

In the second presentation, The Dynamic Image Recipe, I'll discuss some of the best practices I have applied to Astrophotography from my background as a professional photographer. Astrophotography involves more than just having expensive equipment and the latest software. Intuition, research, subject knowledge, and dedication to success can mean the difference between an APOD or award-worthy image and a complete failure.

Venue is the Kedron Wavell Services Club: Kittyhawk Drive, Chermside. Registrations close this coming Wednesday, April 10th, at midnight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 12.37.50 pm.jpg)
142.6 KB9 views
Click for full-size image (Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 12.39.30 pm.jpg)
50.9 KB11 views
Click for full-size image (Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 12.39.45 pm.jpg)
58.7 KB15 views
Click for full-size image (Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 12.40.11 pm.jpg)
58.6 KB16 views

Last edited by Andy01; 07-04-2024 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-04-2024, 11:38 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

Wow, that eye in the sky is stunning (as are the other images). No wonder I always feel like someone is watching me.
Absolutely stunning images do you mind if I ask what equipment was used in obtaining such beauty?
I'm guessing a more accurate mount than my Skywatcher EQ5 PRO and better than a 178 colour camera?
If I could capture images which looked 1,000th as good as what you've captured I'd be so proud of myself (no one else ever is).

And that last image, the statue of liberty riding a bull, while standing and holding the torch?

Quote:
paradolia
Something I excel in, I see faces everywhere even in my fire images, fire in a coffee tin, modified with lots of holes in apparently well placed positions and various chemical powders for colours (along with methylated spirits for the initial flame) to capture what I think are stunning images of creatures I call "fire spirits". People have asked do I wait till I see a certain something, not in fire, last time I fired off over 700 shots in around 20 minutes at between 1/250 and 1/500 with a 200mm old (91) Nikon 80-200 f2.8 lens on a D810. I got what I think are some stunning shots and this particular image I had printed on 500x400 canvas. Once I build a laser cutter to make custom light guide boards for back lighting I'll be getting more printed when finances allow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (DSC_4584_HDR_Crop_LR (2052x2564) (1641x2050).jpg)
195.9 KB11 views

Last edited by Leo.G; 07-04-2024 at 11:55 PM.