Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Dennis G
Dennis G

Philips Toucam Pro II software problem

I wish to install my PCVC 840K Pro II Toucam on a new W7 computer and it keeps telling me There is no USB string what ever that is? Can some one tell me what is the problem and if it is the W7 that won't accept the software, or is the disc to fault. If so can one down load new software? and if so How to find it?
Old 17-03-2010, 05:18 PM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

hmm I'm not sure Dennis. The ToUcam Pro is pretty old and it's unlikely the drivers would be compatible on Windows 7.

A quick search revealed many people having the same problem (with Vista, as well as Windows 7).

Some of these threads may have some suggestions, I didn't go into too much reading but you may find something of interest.

http://windows7forums.com/windows-vi...u-cam-pro.html

http://forum.skyatnightmagazine.com/...=1&key=&#27484

Good luck!
Old 17-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Quark (Trevor)

Hi Dennis,

I also had the same problem with the Phillips software.

This can be over come, there are drivers that can be sourced, I think I just did a search for ToUcam drivers and I can't remember where I downloaded them from, but they worked. I also downloaded WxAstrocapture to use instead of the Phillips capture program. I now have my ToUcam installed in a 8 x 50 finder and use it as a low power wide field finder when imaging at high mag with my DMK, this all works fine on Vista Ultimate. Sorry I can't be more specific about the drivers but they are out there and if you google I am sure you will track them down just as I did.

Regards
Trevor