Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 06:02 PM
alphamone

merging images

I have a set of 7 wide field camera images that i want to stack and improve, but most of the programs i have found seem to be designed with videos in mind. The images are around one meg each. If there is anyone who can give me hints on how to improve my images, i will be happy.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:33 AM
rmcpb (Rob)
Compulsive Tinkerer

If you have Photoshop you can layer them. Take the best as the main image then add another layer at 50% transparency and paste in the next bes image and aling then another layer at 33% transparency, etc, etc.

Cheers
Old 07-10-2007, 11:35 AM
joshman (Josh)

depend really on what you hope to achieve out of stacking these images? i suggest that you post a small res version of these images here, so we can see what you're aiming for
Old 07-10-2007, 12:08 PM
alphamone

I tried doing it with the software i had, but it cannot rotate layers one at a time, and rotations are not able to be done in small enough increments.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:31 PM
sheeny (Al)
Spam Hunter

What software have you got?

Deep Sky Stacker is freeware I think and should do what you want with a minimum of fuss.

http://deepskystacker.free.fr/english/index.html

Registax should be able to handle it provided you only want to average the images and not sum them. I have stacked individual images in Registax before, but a realise there may be a warning message that comes up if your images are over a certain size... I'm sure it still worked OK for me, though.

If you have Photoshop, you can stack them manually and do a variety of different blending modes, but if you have PS CS3 it does the stacking, registering and blending so well and easily compared to the older version of PS. I'm very impressed with CS3!

Al.

Last edited by sheeny; 07-10-2007 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Add link