Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Star Parties, Club and Community Events
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2010, 09:30 PM
GraemeT (Graeme)
Learning fast

Snag

I recall seeing some information about the Sydney Northwest Astro Group, meeting at Kenthurst, but cannot find it again despite searching every term I can think of. Does this group still exist and where and when do they meet. I would like to meet some more experienced observers and Kenthurst is quite close.
Cheers
Graeme
Old 09-06-2010, 10:43 PM
mithrandir (Andrew)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraemeT View Post
I recall seeing some information about the Sydney Northwest Astro Group, meeting at Kenthurst, but cannot find it again despite searching every term I can think of. Does this group still exist and where and when do they meet. I would like to meet some more experienced observers and Kenthurst is quite close.
Hello potential SNAGger. Ken (solissydney) is the organiser - as much as you can say we anarchists can be organised. It's a small group and I wouldn't call anyone an expert. We meet at Dural Pony Club, Bannerman Rd from around sunset any Friday (occasionally other days if it suits someone) there is a reasonable chance of observing. The gate will be closed, but not locked. Close it behind you. Turn right and follow the track until you find us. Ken's away at present.
Old 13-12-2015, 12:31 PM
solissydney (Ken)

Snag

Thanks Andrew.
Yes,we do observe on the site of Dural Pony Club in Bannerman Road. E-mail me via solissydney@telstra.com for more info. Or just turn up any Friday night, if overcast, we usually sit on the balcony of the pony club house drinking coffee.
Clear night skies
Ken