Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21-01-2023, 01:07 PM
Granada
The truth is out there

Unistellar eVscope eQuinox

I'm thinking about selling all my astrophotography gear (SW 150ED EVOSTAR, EQ6-R, Canon 80D, and a bunch of accessories) and use the money to buy a Unistellar eVscope eQuinox. The speed and convenience of this scope is very enticing for a casual user like me.
Anyone have any experience with one of these scopes, or some advice on whether that's a good idea (to trade in all my gear for this scope)?
Old 08-05-2023, 03:27 AM
MPS (Mathew)

Hi Granada
Just saw this post. I have recently bought the EVscope 2 and cold not be more happy with it. It does everything as advertised, very easy to use and fantastic images. I also ceased using my astro equipment. As at the push of a button it does everything for you. I now use it more than I have ever used my 10inch dob and 8 inch SCT.
Cheers
Mat
Old 09-05-2023, 10:15 AM
Granada
The truth is out there

Awesome, thanks Mat. Certainly sounds like there are some benefits to it!
Old 14-05-2023, 12:22 AM
g__day (Matthew)
Tech Guru

I would research this one carefully and without bias - as it seems an all in one wonder - which may be excellent or simply too good to be true - bs marketing.

I see both great and scathing reviews of this - from great to don't buy.

4 out of 5 stars https://www.t3.com/reviews/unistella...mart-telescope

vs

Don't buy its very poor build quality, no auto focus - misleading marketing... https://telescopicwatch.com/unistell...quinox-review/

So do your research - look for both affirming and critical views - and ask if any of the thousands of skilled folk on these forums have one and what they think.

I found this statement on the first page of my Google search telling...

Is the eVscope any good?

Images produced by the eVscope 2 are not half bad, but they are not even close to what a sophisticated astrophotography rig at a similar (or even far cheaper) price point could produce. However, the primary selling point of this telescope is its convenience rather than its quality.

Last edited by g__day; 14-05-2023 at 12:34 AM.