Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13-01-2012, 10:58 AM
traveller (Bo)
Not enough time and money

Celestron Nexstar mount, GPS and vibration pads

Hi all, I am letting go of my single fork arm mount and tripod that came with my Celestron Nexstar 8SE. It has the latest firmware updates, hand controller and comes with cables, power cord, manual and installation CD.
The Nexstar controller is very easy to use and the 3 star align can be done in 5 mins. Very accurate go-to.
Also I have Celestron vibration suppression pads (works very well) and the CN 16 GPS unit.
Pricewise, I am looking at $50 for the pads, $150 for the GPS and $550 for the mount. Or $700 for the lot. Buyer to pay for postage for local pick up.
The mount can handle 8" SCT, but that's really pushing it. But it will make an ideal grab and go for a short tube refractor or even a 6" SCT.
PM me with your interest.
Cheers,
Bo
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_3181a.JPG)
112.9 KB60 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_3184a.JPG)
142.5 KB46 views

Last edited by traveller; 26-01-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Sold, please remove listing
Old 13-01-2012, 10:17 PM
traveller (Bo)

Mount now for sale, and pics added.
Old 18-01-2012, 10:32 AM
traveller (Bo)

Bump.
Happy to post free in Australia provided buyer is able to pick up from an e-go depot http://www.e-go.com.au/depot_locations_inframe.do
Make me an offer!
Old 18-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Regulus (Trevor)
Regulus - Couer de Leon

Whoops

Hi Bo. Ignore the request in that PM please. Saw this after I posted :-)
And, good lord, there is an e-post depot only 18kms away. Who said Tassie is so last century.

Trev
Old 18-01-2012, 04:56 PM
traveller (Bo)

No probs Trevor, PM-ed you back. I have two concerns:
1. your OTA's weight is towards the limit of this mount's payload capcity.
2. you need to limit the slewing of the mount so the OTA won't touch the bottom of the mount (can be done via the hand controller).
This is a visual lightweight mount, not suited for AP work, but great for casual observing!
Let me know what you think
Bo
Old 22-01-2012, 10:20 AM
dragoncity (Brett)

Hi Bo, A few questions : re Mount. I would want to mount a Coronado SolaMax II 60 which weighs 3 Kg, plus a ( yet to be selected camera) which might weigh .5 kg. 1) what weight is max. for the mount ? 2) does the mounts software track the Sun ? Thanks, Brett
Old 22-01-2012, 10:56 AM
traveller (Bo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoncity View Post
Hi Bo, A few questions : re Mount. I would want to mount a Coronado SolaMax II 60 which weighs 3 Kg, plus a ( yet to be selected camera) which might weigh .5 kg. 1) what weight is max. for the mount ? 2) does the mounts software track the Sun ? Thanks, Brett
Hi Brett, the mount handled a 8" SCT with 2" diagonal, EP and a 8x50mm finderscope. The whole lot weighs in at 8kg on the bathroom scales. Which is on the heavy side, but the pads helped a lot with damping the vibrations and I never extended the tripod fully.
The mounts payload is 12 lbs or 5.5kgs according to the Celestron website, so should hanlde your solar scope with some accessories, even with legs fully extended.
I haven't tracked the sun, but the hand controller has sun in it's catalogue, so I am pretty sure it would track the sun. Of course, the GPs would help in
Location, time etc.
Cheers,
Bo
Old 24-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Erg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoncity View Post
Hi Brett

I use one of these single arm Celestron mounts for solar viewing with my Lunt60DS and a DSLR.

The mount handles it no probs and the solar tracking works very well and its super easy to align. (The Sun must be enabled in the Utilities menu first)

Erg
Old 24-01-2012, 02:43 PM
dragoncity (Brett)

Hi Erg,
thanks for the information. I'll add it to my growing file of mount data.

Still mulling over which type of mount to go for.

Brett