Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 07-01-2018, 09:56 AM
Martin Pugh

Sampler Data

Hello everyone.

Construction on my observatory commences next week and hopefully will be complete and operational by the end of the month.

Meanwhile, I have uploaded some sample data taken through the Astro Physics RH305 telescope. They are in FITS format (and have been calibrated) and I have used Maxim DL's compression algorithim to reduce the file size. So you need to open the files in Maxim and if you want to open them in a different program just save them out in uncompressed format.

http://martinpughastrophotography.id.au/Test_Page3.htm

cheers
Martin
Old 19-01-2018, 09:11 PM
Martin Pugh

Hi everyone.

Happy days....the observatory construction phase is now complete and telescope installation is underway.

https://www.martinpughastrophotograp...escope-hosting

There are just 2 pier spots left and of course the CDK17 data subscription opportunity will commence in a couple of weeks.

cheers
Martin
Old 20-01-2018, 12:39 PM
DavidTrap (David)
Really just a beginner

Congrats Martin,

Brett has done a fantastic job building the school observatory I’m involved with and Lars has done an amazing job with continual refinement of the software to operate the roof.

DT
Old 21-01-2018, 10:44 PM
Martin Pugh

Thanks David.

I plan on doing a write up on Brett's observatory and customer service in due course.

cheers
Martin
Old 25-01-2018, 09:42 PM
Martin Pugh

Hello all

I have waited a long time to get my CDK17 into the SH and into my own observatory. It happened today and commissioning starts tomorrow.

The demand for piers has been really good so I am glad to have increased the footprint right at the planning stage.

cheers and clear skies
Martin
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (CDK17 in Heavens Mirror Observatory.jpg)
113.4 KB138 views
Old 26-01-2018, 02:09 PM
RickS (Rick)
PI cult recruiter

Quite a beast, Martin!
Old 26-01-2018, 03:58 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Beautiful setup
Old 26-01-2018, 08:54 PM
Martin Pugh

Thanks Rick/Colin.

cheers
Martin
Old 27-01-2018, 09:11 AM
Camelopardalis (Dunk)
Drifting from the pole

Nice! Good to see more commercial astro cropping up here in Aus
Old 02-02-2018, 07:21 PM
RichardJ (Richard)
Psalm 19: 1 - 4

I went to Martin's home to observe the lunar eclipse last Wednesday night.
Martin has a superb observatory with state of the art equipment. Aperture, adaptive optics, narrowband imaging etc etc. I was overwhelmed

If you are interested in remote imaging or renting a spot at the observatory to place your scope, then you should contact Martin and check it out.

RichardJ
Old 05-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Martin Pugh

Hello everyone.

Heaven's Mirror Observatory is now operational with two of my systems installed (see attached photo), with two others underway, and two more to be installed early next month.

But the big news is that the CDK17 is up and running and I am now looking for subscribers to the data subscription plan that I am offering. The subscription period will commence on Monday 19 Feb as I will be finalizing the preps on this wonderful instrument up until then (e.g all fresh calibration frames). Please contact me directly for pricing; I have a really good deal to offer.

and as a taster, check out this 5 minute image of Carina:
http://martinpughastrophotography.id...%20300secs.fit.

Together with the good seeing, and my special blend of AOX settings, I was delighted to get FWHM 1.3-1.4.

The re-commissioning of the Riccardi Honders has gone really well and that is now imaging again and on a brand new Paramount ME II; I have also added a 3nm Astrodon NII filter to add a little extra fun. The next subscription period commences 22 March and again, I have a good deal to offer here.

Pier availability - depending on the outcome of recent enquiries, I anticipate one, maybe two pier spots will be still available. As an additional benefit, I am now also providing the pier to anyone who is interested in hosting at no extra cost. So that is one logistical headache out of the way.

all the best and clear skies

Martin Pugh
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (HM.jpg)
168.4 KB190 views
Old 12-02-2018, 07:51 PM
PRejto (Peter)

I'm just wrapping up the installation of my TEC180/MEII at Martin's new observatory! Wow, what a great observatory this is! The roof is quite spectacular as is the sophisticated automation which commands the roof to close in short order regardless of the position of all the imaging OTAs. The setups are very cleanly installed and the NBN internet has made connecting quite easy and fast. I was in Yass last night and it sure is dark....really dark. I was set up at Martin's property prior to the new observatory and experienced some very excellent seeing...often below 2 FWHM.

Martin has been a great host. It's hard to imagine anyone with more experience or willingness to solve just about any problem! (Take it from me, I've tested his patience.) I think there are a couple of spots still open....It's worth a drive to Yass to check this out if only to see all this gear in action.

Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_1514-small.jpg)
104.5 KB124 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_1512-small.jpg)
159.0 KB132 views
Old 19-02-2018, 08:45 PM
Martin Pugh

Many thanks for the write up there Peter.

Folks:

I have posted some CDK17 sampler data here:

http://martinpughastrophotography.id...K17Sampler.htm

For those interested, data subscription starts shortly. Contact me for further info.

cheers
Martin
Old 22-02-2018, 09:40 PM
Martin Pugh

Good evening.

The first data subscription period on the RH305 is in its final month and the feedback I have received from the subscribers is that they have been very happy with the quality and quantity of the data provided.

I have received some processed results and with their permission have hosted them on my website here:

cheers
Martin
Old 09-03-2018, 09:35 PM
Martin Pugh

Hello everyone. Quick update.

The observatory is filling much faster than I anticipated given it only really came on line at the beginning of last month which of course is great. Available hosting space is clearly running out.
Tomorrow I will be accommodating a US customer who has travelled over to do his own install. Should be great fun.

CDK subscription is underway and that scope is producing beautiful images with 1.3 - 1.5 FWHM being quite a common result most nights. I hope that becomes the norm! Of course it wont.

RH305 subscription renews at the end of the month, so again, contact me if you are interested in either of these data plans.

cheers and clear skies

Martin
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (HMObs.jpg)
159.2 KB238 views
Old 13-03-2018, 08:31 PM
Bryan (Bryan)

Martin, that looks a great, very professional, setup. I see one of the photos shows a "FIT-PC3" and a "Mount Hub Pro". How do you find them in the Australian heat? I was thinking of adding a mini-pc to my rig, instead of carting my laptop down to the obs each time, would a FIT-PC3 allow me to wirelessly image from my house? Bryan
Old 14-03-2018, 09:39 PM
Martin Pugh

Thanks Bryan.

no issue with either, but my observatory remains very cool during the day when compared to the heat outside.

Regarding the wireless connection, well that simply depends on the distance, and where your AP is. But you could supplement your wireless network by installing a Ubiquiti AP repeater. They have an amazing range given their size so you basically point this outside antenna towards your obs, and have the WIFI on your FIT-PC connect to that.

cheers
Martin
Old 26-03-2018, 09:32 PM
Martin Pugh

Hi folks

the next RH305 subscription period has moved right by 1 week with a commencement date of either 6 or 7 April. This is so I can undertake system optimisation plus a hardware upgrade.

there are just 4 places left on this group of subscribers so if you are interested, please PM me.

all the best
Martin
Old 13-04-2018, 09:08 PM
Martin Pugh

Hello everyone.

Here with news of another system now commissioned and about to kick off on a data subscription plan at the end of the month.

This is an RCOS 12.5" with STL11000M (Class 1) and Adaptive Optics. All Astrodon filters with the NBs at 5nm. The system sits on a Bisque Paramount MEII.

Subscription to this system is significantly cheaper than the 2 higher end imaging platforms so please contact me for details.

Meanwhile, I have uploaded a calibrated FIT taken just last night as a 'first light'.

http://martinpughastrophotography.id.au/Test_Page3.htm

cheers
Martin
Old 04-05-2018, 10:42 PM
Martin Pugh

Hello everyone.

I have uploaded a complimentary data set taken with the RH305, complete with master calibration frames.

Check it out, download, process and post your results in 'Deep Space'...I would love to see them.

cheers
Martin