Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2019, 11:50 AM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Public (well forum) Acknowledgement

Hi there all,

I'll probably leave out a couple of folk here, I hope not but, I want to publicly aknowledge a number of folk on here who have helped me out immensely with some 'technical' things...

Merlin66 for helping me determine that my PST was sick & then assisting me with checking out a couple of other solar scopes (through photographs, etc..) to find a good one as well as taking the old PST off my hands for harvesting for the beasts that he builds.. Thankyou Ken, your assistance has been invaluable..

Mental4Astro for helping me understand where my Optics were at, assistance with reviewing some videos & pictures of star tests as well as his fantastic articles on what one can & cannot expect to see, Thanks Alex, likewise your assistance has been invaluable...

RyanJones, for helping me on my journey towards vaguely proficient astrophotography & putting up with the ten million text messages I send him per day... Thanks, you have no idea how much you have helped me...

Karlsburg, for putting me onto Startools... that has made this whole astrophotography rendering much, much simpler

Deadsimple, for putting up with a million questions about his solar scope before I pulled the trigger... Thanks Ash, looking forward to it's arrival

& to many, many others who give freely of their experience, knowledge & own astronomy/astrophotography journey to assist those of us who are just starting out..

Who said this forum was dying out... it is a fantastic learning place & probably the friendliest & most helpful forum I have been a member of, regardless of topic... (& I'm on quite a few...., not all astronomy related)

Cheers

Carlton

Last edited by Outcast; 09-01-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:53 PM
GrahamL
pro lumen

Why are you moving on Carlton ?
Old 09-01-2019, 08:17 AM
Outcast (Carlton)

Umm, I confused Graham, what makes you think I'm moving on?

I just wanted to acknowledge some folk who had gone above & beyond to help me out...

Just realised I missed someone else who helped me get the mechanicals & electronics side of my Meade LX90 too, thankyou to Andrew Johannsen for encouraging me to learn more about electronics & make my own cables...

Not going anywhere Graham... love this place & loving my learning experience in astronomy & astrophotography

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamL View Post
Why are you moving on Carlton ?
Old 09-01-2019, 10:03 AM
PCH (Paul)

"I'll miss a few people here" - sounds like you're leaving. "Leave out" would have been clearer. Just saying
Old 09-01-2019, 11:20 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Carlton

May I compliment you on a wonderful post.

Each time I visit here I feel so priveledged to belong to such a great place.

If not for all the help and guidance I have received here I would not know one one hundredth of what I now know.

The last year has been rather difficult for me learning so much new stuff and there have been many times when I just felt like giving up...but I would post my problem and many kind folk helped my move forward.

Good on you for expressing an opinion that many here must share.

We are so very fortunate to have many giants of human who help others.

Alex
Old 09-01-2019, 12:07 PM
Outcast (Carlton)

Yeah, fair point Paul...

I've fixed it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCH View Post
"I'll miss a few people here" - sounds like you're leaving. "Leave out" would have been clearer. Just saying
Old 09-01-2019, 12:09 PM
Outcast (Carlton)

Couldn't agree more Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Hi Carlton

May I compliment you on a wonderful post.

Each time I visit here I feel so priveledged to belong to such a great place.

If not for all the help and guidance I have received here I would not know one one hundredth of what I now know.

The last year has been rather difficult for me learning so much new stuff and there have been many times when I just felt like giving up...but I would post my problem and many kind folk helped my move forward.

Good on you for expressing an opinion that many here must share.

We are so very fortunate to have many giants of human who help others.

Alex