Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Equipment Discussions

Poll: was it helpful?
Poll Options
was it helpful?
You can only choose 5 options to vote on.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
  #1  
Old 09-05-2012, 08:57 PM
ddastider (Dean)
ddnebula

ddastider is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 11
Question Hi everybody-Pls advise us most newbies on latest n lightest tripod,mount for8" OTA

Hi everybody -

I had surgeries and live 20k NE of Melbourne- mostly resting at home.

Mostly I will watch nebulae as ..
may take photos w/"orion skywire n iphone"

welcome n all to spend some time to read this Pls advise on few latest, lightest and popular tripod (Aluminium) w/goto mount total weight +/-20kg

for eg 8" OTA (I am buying VMC200L or Orion 7" Mak or C9.25")

New LX80's 2" steel legs too heavy for my visual purpose..

is there any universal ?? tripod eg HAL130 fits
popular goto mounts or which ones are easy to modify, has good resale value?

as I read as a newbe and prefer Meade, Orion and Celestron and are good brands n have mid-range/budget stuffs..

which brand offer free software updates on hand controller??

Many thanks for helping out

Cheers to clear sky

Deep
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-05-2012, 07:36 AM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)
Registered User

brian nordstrom is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Perth WA
Posts: 4,374
Umm ? Help.. . I am not sure what to vote fore here ?? 1, 2 or 3 ? I may be a little slow as I have just got home after another 12 hour night shift ?? .
Brian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddastider View Post
Hi everybody -

I had surgeries and live 20k NE of Melbourne- mostly resting at home.

Mostly I will watch nebulae as ..
may take photos w/"orion skywire n iphone"

welcome n all to spend some time to read this Pls advise on few latest, lightest and popular tripod (Aluminium) w/goto mount total weight +/-20kg

for eg 8" OTA (I am buying VMC200L or Orion 7" Mak or C9.25")

New LX80's 2" steel legs too heavy for my visual purpose..

is there any universal ?? tripod eg HAL130 fits
popular goto mounts or which ones are easy to modify, has good resale value?

as I read as a newbe and prefer Meade, Orion and Celestron and are good brands n have mid-range/budget stuffs..

which brand offer free software updates on hand controller??

Many thanks for helping out

Cheers to clear sky

Deep
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-05-2012, 08:13 AM
casstony
Registered User

casstony is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warragul, Vic
Posts: 4,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian nordstrom View Post
Umm ? Help.. . I am not sure what to vote fore here ?? 1, 2 or 3 ? I may be a little slow as I have just got home after another 12 hour night shift ?? .
Brian.
Number 2 by a long shot. While some here will argue for certain benefits associated with 1 or 3, 2 is the best when all things are considered.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-05-2012, 04:03 PM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)
Registered User

brian nordstrom is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Perth WA
Posts: 4,374
Still lost , there are no choices on the page I have in front of me ????? .
Brian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by casstony View Post
Number 2 by a long shot. While some here will argue for certain benefits associated with 1 or 3, 2 is the best when all things are considered.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-05-2012, 04:24 PM
casstony
Registered User

casstony is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warragul, Vic
Posts: 4,274
Must be something wrong with your computer Brian
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-05-2012, 11:08 PM
MattT's Avatar
MattT (Matthew)
Reflecting on Refracting

MattT is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,198
I'm with you Brian... what choices??? all I see are numbers 1 2 3 nothing else. Brian do you have apple computers by chance?

Best mount for an 8".... EQ5 with dual axis motor drive.... like the one I just got from Tony

Cheers, Matt
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-05-2012, 07:46 AM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)
Registered User

brian nordstrom is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Perth WA
Posts: 4,374
Not an Apple , a good old work horse PC , I would love to vote , but what for ? .
I have a Vixen HAL under my EQ5 , that hold my ED 80 and its a very sturdy , light weight mount/tripod set up , as Tony said , Is this the question ?? .
Brian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattT View Post
I'm with you Brian... what choices??? all I see are numbers 1 2 3 nothing else. Brian do you have apple computers by chance?

Best mount for an 8".... EQ5 with dual axis motor drive.... like the one I just got from Tony

Cheers, Matt
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-05-2012, 07:51 AM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)
Registered User

brian nordstrom is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Perth WA
Posts: 4,374
Ohh ? I see JB80 voted for #1 , 100% .of what ? .na ,
Still lost .
.
Brian.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-05-2012, 08:08 AM
casstony
Registered User

casstony is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warragul, Vic
Posts: 4,274
Can't torture you guys any longer - I see exactly what you guys see. My post was in jest
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-05-2012, 08:17 AM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)
Registered User

brian nordstrom is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Perth WA
Posts: 4,374
I can see this thread going places ,, Remember Cheech and Chongs , " Lets make a dope deal ' ? behind what door is oficer Omaly of the drug squad ? .. 1. -2 ,, -3 , 3-2 ., 1.. . Your Busted !!
Brian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by casstony View Post
Can't torture you guys any longer - I see exactly what you guys see. My post was in jest
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
compare, mount, review, sale, tripod

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time is now 12:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 | Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertisement
Meade Australia
Advertisement
Astromechanics
Advertisement
OzScopes Authorised Dealer
Advertisement
Lunatico Astronomical
Advertisement
Bintel
Advertisement
Celestron Australia
Advertisement
SkyWatcher Australia
Advertisement
Astronomy and Electronics Centre
Advertisement