Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Star Parties, Club and Community Events
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2016, 09:51 PM
Kunama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
Well it appears that we won't be able to easily peer through the new Sky Rover. Being an astrohraph it only has a back focus of 74.4mm and my William Optics 2" Diagonal chews up too much back focus for an eye piece to come into focus.

I may be able to get something off of Teleskop Express as they have a very similar telescope but that will not arrive by tomorrow afternoon
Colin, I can bring along a spare Zeiss T2 prism diagonal with a 2" nosepiece so you can try it out. If it still doesn't work, I have a little Tak here you can use for the weekend....
Old 06-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

I don't have a 1.25" diagonal to test with and due to design I am not sure how I'd connect it at this stage. I connected the WO diagonal by screwing it onto the M48 thread on the focuser.
No harm in trying the T2 diagonal

If worst comes to worst I'll just get like 15 hours of luminance data on some random galaxy, maybe 5128
Old 07-04-2016, 11:47 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Well it looks like Yass will be one of the few areas in NSW with a clear sky between 19:00 and 01:00 Friday so it should make the decision very simple: come to the TAK party or go and buy an umbrella and a pair of assorted gumboots
Old 07-04-2016, 12:19 PM
Allan

Yes the weather is looking promising. I'm packing the car now and will be heading off in a couple of hours. See you all there.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Kunama

Arief,
Got your PM but your inbox is too full for a reply.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:53 PM
ariefm71 (Arief)

Oopss, sorry Matt..

Please resend.

Cheers,
Arief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunama View Post
Arief,
Got your PM but your inbox is too full for a reply.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:26 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Well no first light on astrophotography this weekend for me, need a Zeiss M68 to M48/M54 adapter. Just about to order one from Teleskop Express

Going to try to see if I can get the eye pieces to work with a Bintel 35mm Extension Tube as it has an M48 thread. If my mathematics are correct, some will come into focus and some won't. Bigger issue being that it won't have a diagonal so I am expecting some uncomfortable eye piece angles! A 1.25" diagonal is also going to be coming from TE.

Bringing my only brass telescope for Matt to pass his eye over (glaze over) :roll eyes:

Figured it may be good to bring my Coronado PST along if we have some sunshine during the day

Look forward to seeing ya'll tomorrow
Old 08-04-2016, 06:21 AM
Kunama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
Well no first light on astrophotography this weekend for me, need a Zeiss M68 to M48/M54 adapter. Just about to order one from Teleskop Express

Going to try to see if I can get the eye pieces to work with a Bintel 35mm Extension Tube as it has an M48 thread. If my mathematics are correct, some will come into focus and some won't. Bigger issue being that it won't have a diagonal so I am expecting some uncomfortable eye piece angles! A 1.25" diagonal is also going to be coming from TE.

Bringing my only brass telescope for Matt to pass his eye over (glaze over) :roll eyes:

Figured it may be good to bring my Coronado PST along if we have some sunshine during the day

Look forward to seeing ya'll tomorrow
Colin, I have a Baader ultra short visual back with M68 thread that might help. Also have a Zeiss diagonal you can use
Old 08-04-2016, 06:32 AM
Kunama

Just a reminder to start thinking about what you can use your Takahashi/T-Rex/Avalon 10% discounts towards ...... List of attendees will be given to our friend Claude who will honour the discount for at least one week starting today....

I see a new triplet, or maybe even two, in my very near future .... Takahashi Triplet Avalon StarGo?

Any purchase at all will help ensure we have this support again next year when we meet........... (Though I feel I have already paid for Claude's new car and kitchen)...

I will be bringing some Takky surprises along.....
Old 08-04-2016, 07:18 AM
Am (Andrias)

I'm all packed and heading to Yass in 2 hours from Bowral where I've had a lovely stay with John (The Mekon) and his family.

Will be interesting to camp in a tent, it's been years since I last tried it. Weather's comparable.right now to early summer weather in the Faroes and I'm used to imaging cold nights at home, with a car or house to hide in occasionally. I might still chicken out after 1 night and book a motel room, we'll see.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:37 AM
Kunama

I'll see you at Yass Junction Railway Station Andrias,
I will be easy to spot:
I am travelling incognito>
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_0181.jpg)
123.6 KB40 views
Old 08-04-2016, 09:06 AM
croweater (Richard)
Don't Panic!

Gee you guys. I reckon there are a lot of jealous people like me following this thread. Sounds like you' re in for a great night. What a treat to look through(and at) all those beautiful Taks. Maybe if I start saving now I can go next year . Does a Tak finder qualify? Good luck Matt from your old stomping grounds here in the SouthEast. Cheers, Richard.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:14 AM
Kunama

You should have been here Richard!!! Rain at midday..... Clear skies by 5pm..... Magical..
I'll let others expand on the evenings viewing.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:17 AM
croweater (Richard)
Don't Panic!

That's good to hear Matt. Sounds like you guys had a great night. Very happy the weather didn't spoil it. I'm looking forward to reading the attendees comments. Cheers, Richard
Old 09-04-2016, 11:47 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Great night. It was good to catch up with all the attendees. Thanks Phil for hosting it. Beaute site. Even the weather was in on the party. Good seeing and transparency. Thoroughly enjoyed watching 47 Tuc in Matt's dobs. It was that steady and sharp that I reckon he cheated and showed us a picture he had taken before instead. Also Arief's hybrid scope was a real treat looking at Jupiter. Tak sharp.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

T'was a great night! Big dob, smaller refractors and a Sky Rover that couldn't come into focus (Adapters on the way)
Looking forward to another clear night!
Old 10-04-2016, 12:23 AM
MattT
Reflecting on Refracting

Dobs????Hybrid Scopes????Sky Rovers????

Thought this was a Tak only event

Naahh.... just wish I could have been there too....Sheeesss.... I hate working for a living, as fun as work is.

Matt...in cloudy Melbourne.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:32 AM
ian fry (Ian)

Thanks Phil such a great night , it was great to meet everyone , And thanks to Allan for the power 😊
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (image.jpg)
185.0 KB56 views
Click for full-size image (065.JPG)
129.2 KB33 views
Click for full-size image (034.jpg)
68.1 KB32 views
Click for full-size image (060.JPG)
119.5 KB33 views

Last edited by ian fry; 10-04-2016 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:23 AM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattT View Post
Dobs????Hybrid Scopes????Sky Rovers????

Thought this was a Tak only event

Naahh.... just wish I could have been there too....Sheeesss.... I hate working for a living, as fun as work is.

Matt...in cloudy Melbourne.
In the end we had one non Tak intruder, and that was Matt's 18" dob. But as one of the organisers he had special dispensation.

Hopefully I can post some eye candy tonight when I get home.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:36 AM
godina06 (Tom)

Thanks everyone for such a wonderful night! Look forward to the Tak star party 2017
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (image.jpg)
135.7 KB49 views