Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30-03-2024, 11:10 PM
BlurredClarity (Manesh)

Adapters for Sony E- mount lenses for Zwo Asi2600mc colour camera.

Hi there.

I am very new to DSP and just purchased an ASI2600MC camera. I currently have some Sony FF E mount lenses I wish to use with it and I know it can be done but struggling to find the correct adapter for it. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Also the other thing I need info on is the filter for cutting through light pollution. I previously had an optolong L Pro filter for my Sony Astro modified camera but struggling to use it I switched to the 2600mc after discussions with an Astro friend. What would be the best filter for my camera also or does it depend on the lenses I’m attaching to it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 31-03-2024, 09:37 PM
Joshua Bunn (Joshua)

Hello Manesh,

Looks like you need something like this for the lens end. As for the connection to the camera, I can make you something that will connect between the camera and the part you buy (if you cant find what you need), just unscrew the 4 screws in the Bayonet, and screw it to the part I make.

Kind regards
Joshua
Old 31-03-2024, 11:29 PM
JA

There's only one problem with making an Adapter for the Sony E full frame mount and that is the flange focal distance for that lens system is 18mm and the ZWO 2600 has a flange to sensor spacing of 17.5mm. That would mean the Adapter could add no more than 0.5mm to the flange to sensor distance.

The only way I could see that happening is to take a Sony E mount lens flange, perhaps 2-3mm thick and machine the existing ZWO front mounting flange or remanufacture a modified thinner and hopefully strong enough (perhaps stainless steel) front mount flange. Or possibly remanufacture the ZWO camera's front mounting flange to include a integral (machined in) lens mount.
Unfortunately ZWO only makes Nikon F and Canon EF adapters, to suit their 46.5and 44mm flange focal distances.

Best
JA
Old 31-03-2024, 11:45 PM
Joshua Bunn (Joshua)

That is a good point, I had not checked the BF for that camera.

Yes, adding to what you said, I could remove the current tilt adapter and manufacture a tilt adapter that would accommodate the lens mount and be 18mm in total length.

I also forgot to add the link:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12627971...oaAgw3EALw_wcB

Regards
Joshua
Old 01-04-2024, 11:04 AM
ronson

This whole exercise would only make sense if OP is planning on using manual E lenses. Autofocus lens won’t work as the focus ring is not directly coupled with the focusing mechanics of the lens. Also by default when the E lens is not powered the aperture is closed to max.

With 2600 I think you can remove the tilt plate which is 5mm, but still it means a very thin and possible fragile adapter.

Better to look at adapting for Canon EF or Nikon F mounts.

Last edited by ronson; 01-04-2024 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-04-2024, 01:48 PM
BlurredClarity (Manesh)

Thanks for the info

Thanks a lot for the help. I think what I will do is sell my lens I bought previously for astro (Samyang 135mm f2 Sony) and use that towards a scope and go from there. Rather have one scope and work from that. So excited to learn about DSO photography.

Thanks a lot for your help.