Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 31-01-2017, 09:25 PM
AussieTrooper (Ben)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mekon View Post
Another thread where el_draco's vitriol is turning me off (I try to avoid reading his posts but they seem to be quoted a lot), I note the last thread where I took him to task for using disguised but obviously offensive terms was deleted. This one is heading the same way.
Quite possibly. Attempting to incite others to violence is a crime in many areas, however ridiculous that attempt may be.
Should it continue, the mods will most likely lock this thread.
Old 31-01-2017, 10:32 PM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

I don't know him personally, and I've met & personally photographed 2 PM's & 4 Premiers, but I like his ideals. He's wild and fresh & nobody's puppet.

So far, he's doing everything he said he would if elected, and clearly unlike Hilary- he's not another corporation's puppet.

Refreshing for a politician nowadays imo.

Now I get the leftists will hate him by birth, that's just politics but saying he's going to start WW3 and is worse than Hitler is just naieve BS and an insult to all who lived & survived under those times.

Wake up people, ignore the populist propaganda on FB and the controlled news channels and do the good old Aussie thing & give him a fair go.

You may not like his brash, bold & uncompromising approach but he's a businessman in Politics, not a professional politician supporting someone else's agenda, and I've met many of those!

If (& maybe when) he shoots himself in the foot well then fair enough, you can get the knives out but until then let's just put the propaganda & tissues away and see what happens... these are interesting times indeed.

Last edited by Andy01; 31-01-2017 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 31-01-2017, 11:17 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

I am not religious at all but at times like this I often wonder to myself...I wonder what Jesus would say about it? hmmm?

Further to this, and just wondering, were the teachings and sermons of Jesus as described in the bible, Left wing or Right wing... or just totally confusing?

Old 31-01-2017, 11:30 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_draco View Post
He just fired his Attorney general... because he disagreed with her comments about his illegal immigration policy. Hmmm... reminds me of...
Well he has won me over.
I want him to fire someone each week like before.
I have a saying.. Never over estimate anyone nor underestimate them.
One day at a time.
One firing a week.
What are the markets doing, buy or sell?
Alex
Old 31-01-2017, 11:48 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
I don't know him personally, and I've met & personally photographed 2 PM's & 4 Premiers, but I like his ideals. He's wild and fresh & nobody's puppet.

So far, he's doing everything he said he would if elected, and clearly unlike Hilary- he's not another corporation's puppet.

Refreshing for a politician nowadays imo.

Now I get the leftists will hate him by birth, that's just politics but saying he's going to start WW3 and is worse than Hitler is just naieve BS and an insult to all who lived & survived under those times.

Wake up people, ignore the populist propaganda on FB and the controlled news channels and do the good old Aussie thing & give him a fair go.

You may not like his brash, bold & uncompromising approach but he's a businessman in Politics, not a professional politician supporting someone else's agenda, and I've met many of those!

If (& maybe when) he shoots himself in the foot well then fair enough, you can get the knives out but until then let's just put the propaganda & tissues away and see what happens... these are interesting times indeed.
I agree but its scary to think about this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football However I don't think Trump is that insane!
bigjoe
Old 31-01-2017, 11:51 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Well he has won me over.
I want him to fire someone each week like before.
I have a saying.. Never over estimate anyone nor underestimate them.
One day at a time.
One firing a week.
What are the markets doing, buy or sell?
Alex
Alex love your posts-refreshing!
bigjoe
Old 31-01-2017, 11:55 PM
bigjoe (JOSEPH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTrooper View Post
Quite possibly. Attempting to incite others to violence is a crime in many areas, however ridiculous that attempt may be.
Should it continue, the mods will most likely lock this thread.
If everyone on all forums have this much Trump hate then maybe someone will shoot him!! Something base and beneath humanity.
bigjoe
Old 01-02-2017, 12:58 AM
csb (Craig)

@ Andy01

US policies have comprehensive global effect due to USA's position as the world's most powerful and influential nation. There is no other country that has so much influence on as many other countries. AND the US takes such a leading role in world affairs (Iraq & Afghanistan would not have happened without USA advocating these actions)

If Trump were the leader of a much less influential nation then his policies would not affect so many countries and would not be such a concern.

The potential risk to global stability, economy & peace is a veryvreal concern knowing Trump's stated election oromises .

Last edited by csb; 01-02-2017 at 01:09 AM.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:59 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
If everyone on all forums have this much Trump hate then maybe someone will shoot him!! Something base and beneath humanity.
bigjoe
That is no way to judge.
Can you imagine the many little church's are god blessing him each Sunday.
Let's hope no one gets shot.
Monster trucks won't shut down.
Everything will be all right.
In ten years it will be history.
Alex
Old 01-02-2017, 01:02 AM
Tandum (Robin)

Most entertaining Twitter feeds On the Planet.
What's next, I can't wait ...................
Old 01-02-2017, 02:05 AM
PCH (Paul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clive milne View Post
Oh, you fickle thing, you...
My wife keeps saying ...

"Since you change your mind so often, how come you never upgrade?"

What does she mean?
Old 01-02-2017, 08:27 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

While I personally find many of Trumps policies spread over a spectrum from ill advised, to stupid, to contemptuous, to revolting, I think calling for or considering his assassination desirable to be vile.

While I think that he is vile himself, let him hoist himself with his own petard. We just have to hope that he does not manage to prove his more sensible detractors right and upend the world either economically or militarily.

I would worry about anyone though who did not find his recent interview (As POTUS, not candidate, not president elect) disturbing where he expressed the view that the US should have "Taken" Iraq's oil while they were in there, and that maybe there will be the opportunity to do it yet.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:48 AM
el_draco (Rom)
Politically incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTrooper View Post
I think you'll find that it is quite possible to just disagree with someone, without wanting them killed.
Likewise, not wishing for someone's death does not equate to agreeing with them on everything.
I'm pretty sure Marc is capable of making up his own mind without screaming for death should he find too many things he disagreed with.
It's a thing called 'tolerance'.
I never cease to find it amazing how those who claim preach tolerance always seem the most hateful and the ones most likely to smash shops, wish for killing and burn cars when they don't get their way.
In most cases I would agree with you totally, but in the case of Chump, he rates as a global threat, and that is widely acknowledged.

I'd ask a very simple question. If someone stood dear ol' Adolph in front of you and gave you a magnum, would you try to reason with him? Me thinks no!

Chump isn't yet that bad, but there are quite a few parallels between him and Fritz. This is a simple case of (heaven forbid), 50 shades of grey. The potential for this megalomaniac to do something globally catastrophic is high and if you apply the Yank principles, then the potential for assassination is also high. Simple
Old 01-02-2017, 09:04 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

Post that question a different way, your question presupposes knowledge of what Hitler would go on to do.

Suppose someone stood "dear ol' Adolph" in front of you and gave you a magnum just after he was appointed chancellor, before everything that is now history occurred. Would you pull the trigger? If you did, do you think you would be remembered as a hero that saved the world from a then unknown (and therefore unknowable) fate or as a German equivalent of Lee Harvey Oswald?
Old 01-02-2017, 09:16 AM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

TPPA ? ,
but I see Trump has pulled the USA out . This has to have the multi-national power brokers choking , Now they cant sue smaller countries ( NZ , OZ , pacific rim island nations ) if their 'Projected' profits don't happen when in these countries doing business , paying peanuts !! , good job Donald .

Just look at what they were gearing up to for the last 6-10 years and how it was/is going here , cost of living here alone is obscene and that's just the beginning , do it for peanuts or we will bring our own workers in for a lot less ( yes it's in the small print of the TPPA , read it ) , 457 Visa scheme for one ( look at Barrow Island for starters ) .

Best news this year .

Brian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
The issue is Brian that the Democrat agenda is NOT capitalist per capitalist definition, but capitalist per decent (Rothschild et alia) and their influence on policy - defence, economic and so on. They are true "liberals" in the american context (but not in our political definition of Liberal). Their mandates were for complete control over the American population (Soros et al.), extending - as is so evident - to other nations. Those that don't willingly comply - Australia, NZ, Germany, Canada, UK, Europe (especially the former Soviet nations like Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia) - will be forcibly "changed" (like Iraq, Afghanistan, attempts to in Syria, Libya and so on) all on the misconstrued pretext of anti-dictator, anti-Islamic, anti-we don't like USA.

For now, they are temporarily thwarted. Obama looked set to change the direction, but his second term was so obviously controlled from "elsewhere". He was no longer POTUS, but a puppet on a string.

Last edited by brian nordstrom; 01-02-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:26 AM
AussieTrooper (Ben)

Rom. To put it politely, I find your posts very distasteful. You have advocated horrible things, and have disrespected victims of past atrocities.
There are no shortage of other places that you can go talk such rubbish and feel right at home. I suggest you go to one of them.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:42 AM
Nath2099

"It's a thing called 'tolerance'."

Something Trump possess in bucket loads. Pfft.

If we were in 1935 and someone suggested assassinating Hitler, would you all be so upset by that?*

Right wing fools can't see totalitarian dictators when they grab them by the pussy. They get what they deserve. Pitty about the rest of us.

I'm also sure you lot were just as loud in your defence og Gillard when it was suggested she be dumped at sea in a chaff bag? No. thought not. Hypocrites.

*My apologies, I missed the posts a few above this.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:42 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian nordstrom View Post
TPPA ? ,
but I see Trump has pulled the USA out . This has to have the multi-national power brokers choking , Now they cant sue smaller countries ( NZ , OZ , pacific rim island nations ) if their 'Projected' profits don't happen when in these countries doing business , paying peanuts !! , good job Donald .

Just look at what they were gearing up to for the last 6-10 years and how it was/is going here , cost of living here alone is obscene and that's just the beginning , do it for peanuts or we will bring our own workers in for a lot less ( yes it's in the small print of the TPPA , read it ) , 457 Visa scheme for one ( look at Barrow Island for starters ) .

Best news this year .

Brian.
Effectively killing off the TPP is the only thing to date that Trump has done that I see as a good in and of itself.

It is ironic though that in the name of "Make America Great again" he has killed off a deal that would have given (Mostly American) companies the ability to quite literally sue other governments for doing things that were not explicitly good for those companies and by extension, to some degree "Good" for America.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:48 AM
Nath2099

"give him a fair go"

You mean the same way he's giving muslim's a fair go? Or the poor by stealing their healthcare? Or women by sexually assaulting them, and only judging their worth by their looks?

I think it's you who need to pull your head out of the sand.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:11 AM
marc4darkskies (Marcus)
Billions and Billions ...

Equating Trump to Hitler or other murderous dictators is a diagnostic symptom of Trump Derangement Syndrome ... as is burning cars, destroying property, assaulting people who disagree with you, branding half the population as irredeemably "deplorable" and dreaming of blowing up the white house! Wait a minute - that's what the hateful, crazed, hysterical, ideologically myopic and emotionally / intellectually crippled anarchic lefties are doing in the the US right now. It's a shame that moderate people to the left in US politics - ie those capable of honourable opposition and critical thinking - seem to be very scarce these days!

Trump has done nothing more than what he promised to do during his campaign. He was elected on that platform whether we like it or not! The Dems - now frighteningly far to the left - do themselves a great disservice with their petulant obstructionism. Wouldn't happen in Australia would it? Especially with our belief in giving people a fair go