Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2017, 05:20 PM
glend (Glen)

Baader SCT Focuser

I have a near new Baader SCT focuser which I would like to offer here. I came by the Baader focuser through my purchase of a Special Offer Celestron Edge HD8 package from Teleskop- Express and it was part of the package. I have no plans for the use for this Baader focuser in my configuration of the Edge HD.

From what I can tell this focuser a Baader SCT Crayford type, which has all the Steeltrack adjustment capability but not the recent graphics etched in the top. It has the SCT 2" adaptor to fit the Edge HD 8 and any other SCT with the same threads. The adaptor can be removed to reveal the larger diametre SCT threads in the larger scopes.

I have attached photos of this nice solid focuser. It has a small cosmetic nick in the anodising on the left hand knob, but this could be touched up easily; it does not affect operation. I suspect this happened in shipping to me.

The instructions for adjusting this focuser can be found here on page 12:
http://www.kkohki.com/Baader/bds/DBSmanual.pdf

I am asking $120 for this quality adjustable SCT focuser plus $20 for shipping to any address in Australia.
If you are interested please PM me here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (DSCF1715.jpg)
196.6 KB57 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF1716.jpg)
201.5 KB58 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF1717.jpg)
183.7 KB44 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF1718.jpg)
199.9 KB53 views

Last edited by glend; 15-06-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:25 PM
Visionary (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
I have a near new Baader SCT focuser which I would like to offer here. I came by the Baader focuser through my purchase of a Special Offer Celestron Edge HD8 package from Teleskop- Express and it was part of the package. I have no plans for the use for this Baader focuser in my configuration of the Edge HD.

From what I can tell this focuser a Baader SCT Crayford type, which has all the Steeltrack adjustment capability but not the recent graphics etched in the top. It has the SCT 2" adaptor to fit the Edge HD 8 and any other SCT with the same threads. The adaptor can be removed to reveal the larger diametre SCT threads in the larger scopes.

I have attached photos of this nice solid focuser. It has a small cosmetic nick in the anodising on the left hand knob, but this could be touched up easily; it does not affect operation. I suspect this happened in shipping to me.

The instructions for adjusting this focuser can be found here on page 12:
http://www.kkohki.com/Baader/bds/DBSmanual.pdf

I am asking $120 for this quality adjustable SCT focuser plus $20 for shipping to any address in Australia.
If you are interested please PM me here.
That suits nicely, please consider it sold. Cheers
Old 13-06-2017, 11:34 PM
glend (Glen)

This Baader SCT focuser is still for sale. PM if interested. Payment via direct deposit or cash if picked up.
Old 14-06-2017, 01:04 AM
glend (Glen)

Sale is now pending.