Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22-04-2014, 10:20 AM
-George-

GSO 4mm super plossl - Do I have the right or wrong one?

Hi,

just wondered what is up with the GSO 4mm super plossl eyepiece.... all the eyepieces i have from 30mm, 15mm, 9mm and 6mm say on them 'gso super plossl fully multi coated' and the barrel itself is brushed, comes in white clearish caps. The 4mm i got doesnt say GSO super plossl, the barrel is chrome not brushed and comes with black caps instead of the clear white. For all given purposes it makes me believe it is the wrong eyepiece. I went back to shop they grabbed two extra boxes from the back labelled GSO and were also chrome barrel, did not say super plossl etc.

In all photos i have seen of the 4mm, they all say GSO super on them like my other 4 (6, 9, 15, 30mm) and are not chrome. I just checked my x2 barlow, it also says GSO and also has the brushed barrel not chrome. Did GSO change the 4mm line for some unknown reason and decided to chrome it and leave the name off and use different caps which doesn't even make sense because they would need to change tooling for just that one eyepiece to make it look different from the rest of them or did this store get the wrong shipment in which is possible and it is in fact supposed to say GSO super on it and be brushed barrel like the rest of their eyepieces/products as photos would suggest and thus i do actually have the wrong eyepiece for what i bought?

Last edited by -George-; 24-04-2014 at 09:30 AM.