Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2020, 03:42 PM
ubique (Hugh)

APM 100mm BINOCULARS ON MEADE LX200 MOUNT

APM 100mm BINOCULARS ON MEADE LX200 MOUNT

Reluctantly selling my perfect visual setup. APM 100 mm Semi Apo Binoculars on a converted Meade LX200 Fork Mount.
The binoculars are in very good condition no fungus or scratches on the lenses. The body as a few minor marks from normal use.
The best part about fork mounts is that the viewing angle is always comfortable, the LX200 is also Go-To and it tracks perfectly.
Easy setup unlike equatorial mounts, just point it north and do a two star alignment and you are ready to go.
Everything works on the Meade Mount as it did originally, that is it the level North / South sensor still operates, some conversions have to disable this. The mount aligns on two stars and accurately points to the object and tracks it.
Meade mounts have a battery compartment built into the fork arms and can be powered by 8 "C" size batteries, or you can power it by the usual portable battery pack or mains supply transformer (not supplied).
If you get tired of the binoculars you can mount any SCT type of telescope or Refractor and again have a comfortable viewing position.
Comes with 4 pairs of eyepieces, the 32mm Celestron Omni give a wider field than the original eyepieces and for the other end of the scale the 15mm Celestron Omni's give a closer up view.
The red dot finder is not a cheap all plastic telescope finder its high quality rifle finder, all metal construction and has 4 different types of display.
To mount the red dot finder you have to remove the carry handle, see the photos.
Comes with two mounting blocks, the larger one is for the binoculars and the smaller one for larger telescopes. This is to achieve balance.
The APM Binoculars come in a fitted case.

Same binoculars but newer model here-
https://www.extravision.com.au/apm-100mm-45-semi-apo-bino-1-25-eyepie.html

What's included.

• AMP 100mm Semi Apo Binoculars with two sets of eyepieces in fitted case.
  • Meade LX200 Fork Mount previously held a 12 inch telescope
  • Meade Giant Field Tripod
  • 32mm Celestron Omni x 2
  • 15mm Celestron Omni x 2
  • Red dot finder scope.
  • Large mounting block
  • Small mounting block

Obviously the Skywatcher 180 Mak and the polished ED80 refractor are not part of this sale they are there for illustrative purposes only.

$3000 Pick Up or you nominate a Shipping Co. it's too heavy to post. This would be packed in two boxes and probably cost around $200 to ship, I can deliver to any transport company depot to cut costs. Don't ask me to arrange shipping it never works out, everybody wants the cheapest price they can find, I don't have the time to find it for you.

PM Me if you are interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (APM 1.jpg)
115.0 KB310 views
Click for full-size image (APM 2.jpg)
137.1 KB194 views
Click for full-size image (APM 3.jpg)
111.7 KB179 views
Click for full-size image (APM 4.jpg)
113.6 KB178 views
Click for full-size image (APM 5.jpg)
102.1 KB215 views
Click for full-size image (APM 6.jpg)
78.2 KB154 views
Click for full-size image (APM 7.jpg)
153.4 KB174 views
Click for full-size image (APM 8.jpg)
146.9 KB169 views

Last edited by ubique; 06-05-2020 at 02:56 PM.