Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28-03-2024, 03:44 AM
Harpspitfire

ZWO camera issues and color

hi all, im STUCK!- i just got this camera from agena astro- it was a 2nd but assured it was 100%- maybe its just me- its a ZWOasi664mc, its a new model so i looked for info on the 662mc, same camera but the chip is smaller- anyway i cannot debayer any raw files in anything really pipp, dss, etc- now when i put the 2.2mm lens on it and take 'snapshots' in the house to test this, i use rgb 24- and even the preview is VERY WEAK in color, its almost non existant really- i know im vague here, but it there something major im missing, or is the camera at fault?- btw i used sharpcap 40 and 4.1 along with ZWO's own program, all 3 have funky to no color at all, thx john
Old 28-03-2024, 10:58 AM
JA

1. Was your PC working correctly with another ZWO Astrocam prior to trying your new ZWO camera?
2, Ask the Vendor for help.
3. Consider Check / reinstall your camera drivers perhaps .....
ZWO drivers page
NB.... Enter at your own risk
Before doing any of that, you could also test it on another PC, perhaps a friend's PC, already set up for ZWO

Best
JA
Old 28-03-2024, 11:24 AM
Leo.G (Leo)

I've had this same issue with a different camera. Until I resolve the issue I just switched from RAW. Not an answer but I had so many problems and tried so much to debayer the image without noticeable success. I switched to non RAW imaging in colour.

In my case I'm suspecting it's what's known as a P.I.C.N.I.C. error in IT, problem in chair not in computer (or camera in this case).
For me it's an user error I'm guessing.