Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Kevnool (Kev)
Fast Scope & Fast Engine

Bintel BT-402 16"

Righto all the BT-402 has landed in Broken Hill for $2750 + $170 delivery (since i didnt go and pick it up ) so now it is set up in the lounge room next to the 10" and wow doesnt the 10" look small ,it can sit there till first light on saturday night (cloud permitting) after the observing night i will write a review( only if anyones interested or else i,ll keep my mouth shut).

So a quick couple of points b4 it even goes outside.
The rocker box has to be remade already( lotsa movement) so i,m going to buy a sheet of 3/4 ply and remake the rocker and then i put the laser colimator down the throat of it turned it of and walked away ( the return beam didnt even make it back to the focuser as it was 1 1/2" away from the centre (but that will change on the night as it is no big deal yet).

So on sunday if you want the whole review even colimation report just say.....................cheers Kev.
Old 25-06-2008, 11:58 PM
madtuna (Steve)
an overactive imagination

looking forward to it!
Old 26-06-2008, 08:36 AM
acropolite (Phil)

I saw a review somewhere in the forum (US) commenting on the collimation springs, apparently the author commented that the mirror moves on the springs and recommended replacing them with stiffer ones, so the box may not be the problem.
Old 26-06-2008, 10:05 AM
coldspace

Hi Kev,
Here is a review that might give you some tips, this is the same scope just different name.
http://www.astromart.com/articles/ar...article_id=660 but would still love to here a review from an Aussie.

Matt.
Old 26-06-2008, 10:45 AM
sheeny (Al)
Spam Hunter

Very interested, Kev.

There's no escape... just write the review and send it in

Al.
Old 26-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Kevnool (Kev)
Fast Scope & Fast Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolite View Post
I saw a review somewhere in the forum (US) commenting on the collimation springs, apparently the author commented that the mirror moves on the springs and recommended replacing them with stiffer ones, so the box may not be the problem.
I read the astromart review, Ive no doubt as to changing the springs but they,ll stay there with compession springs on the outside of the existing springs......as for the rocker box i,m looking at the movement when i swing the thing, it may be to tight but thats how i like it to be + a bit of polished woodgrain looks 100% than factory black....till sat night it stands in the lounge room as an ornament.
But thats interesting this fella`s review he,s done all the hard yards to make his review so i,ll think i,ll be only wasting time as it,s allready been done........cheers Kev.
Old 27-06-2008, 11:37 AM
asterisk (Geoff)

You can't escape that easily Kevin! Don't bother asking anymore - just write the review.

Cheers
Old 27-06-2008, 12:18 PM
anj026
Plyscope

Yes Kevin

Please write a review for us. The Astromart review was interesting but it is always good to get more than one opinion and especially with an Australian point of view.
Old 27-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Kevnool (Kev)
Fast Scope & Fast Engine

Sunday i,ll post it ,allready got 1 page hand written....cheers Kev.