Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 29-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Robert9 (Robert)

Question Yongnuo Battery life

Hi.
Just wondering what battery life others get with the Yongnuo interval controller, wireless controller module (MC-36R). I fitted a new battery and only managed about 50 x 30sec exposures before it started cutting off short of time.
Do I have a faulty unit or is this the norm? The module uses a single CR2 lithium cell.
Robert
Old 29-03-2017, 11:15 AM
bojan
amateur

Website says:
Battery life Approximately two months of continuous shooting with a delay of 5min, an exposure time of 4min 56s, and an interval of 5min. Use of the illuminator will reduce battery life.
It is not clear for which set of batteries they claim the life.. For remote part (AA?) ?
Probably your sample is faulty (try to measure the current with multimeter).. or replacement batteries were old?

I have similar gadget (in appearance.. and not wireless, it uses CR2032), battery last for months or years.
Old 29-03-2017, 12:13 PM
Robert9 (Robert)

Thanks Bojan. Its the battery (Energizer Lithium) on the camera unit which seems to die prematurely. According to the label, its shelf life is up to 12/2026. The controller is OK. I do have a curly cable to attach the controller directly to the camera, but it is rather short and hence inconvenient. I'll try and measure the current drain on the camera unit.
Robert