Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Astronomy Books and Media
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24-12-2015, 03:46 PM
Paul Haese

Ages of Astrophotography

Hi all,

I am acting on behalf of Dr Stefan Hughes who is the author of his new book "Ages of Astrophotography". It is the sequel to the book "Catchers of the Light".
This book tells the history of astrophotography through past and present images.

Some of the featured present imagers are Dr David Malin, Peter Ward, Eddie Trimarchi, Jason Jennings, Anthony Wesley, Jay Gabany, Damian Peach, Rob Gendler, Thierry Legault and yours truly.

It is currently in ebook and with a hard copy version coming in the near future. Its a great book and really interesting.

Please click here for the link to Ages of Astrophotography.

Please click here for ibook for iPad and Mac.

General link describing the book.

Last edited by Paul Haese; 26-12-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Old 26-12-2015, 08:25 PM
Paul Haese

updated some of the links.
Old 27-12-2015, 09:10 AM
leon

Looks like an interesting read Paul, might have a look at that, thanks.

Leon
Old 04-01-2016, 09:54 PM
Paul Haese

Just some of the comments from people so far

"... the best astronomy history book I've ever seen!", Philip Corneille, FRAS, Astronomer, Belgium;

"Perhaps the most original and interesting on Astrophotography and its evolution ", Theodore Arampatzoglou, Astrophotographer, Greece;

"...this book is an excellent complement to the Catchers of the Light. The idea of presenting side-by-side images taken by early pioneers and modern astrophotographers is innovative." Professor Pedro Re, Astrophotography Historian & Astrophotographer, Portugal;

"What can I say ? Wow, that is a great effort. I've only managed a cursory flick-through so far, but I really look forward to sinking my eyes into it. I love the layout. Fantastic.", Eddie Trimarch, Astrophotographer, Australia

"I am glad you finished your Astrophotography book project, and the draft looks awesome - Good work!", Dr. Walter Koprolin, Astrophotographer, Austria;

"Wow!! AOA is fantastic! Again, overwhelming collection of vintage and historical images...I really like the format and your approach to tying historical with modern. Like 'Catchers of the Light', any page you open to there is something fascinating to read or cool photos to study.. 2 thumbs up!", Jim Ferreira, Astrophotographer, USA;

Pre-orders for the printed edition can be made through the link below

http://www.catchersofthelight.com/sh...k-edition/104/
Old 30-09-2016, 10:45 PM
RefractorPhill (Philip)

Very last chance to get Your hands on a printed edition hardcover of this wonderful book... Truly the best book ever written/illustrated on the History of Astrophotography !
See KickStarter project:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...trophotography