Old 02-12-2015, 08:32 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Thanks for the heads up – looks good.

Cheers

Dennis
Old 03-12-2015, 12:14 AM
PCH (Paul)

He should get more images loaded asap - it looks pretty unpro so far imo with most of the images of items for sale missing.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:56 AM
astroron (Ron)
Supernova Searcher

I clicked on "visual filters" link it said there was none,but on going into filters, there was quite a few visual filters.
I know that it is a new business and hope it has all the success.
Cheers
Old 03-12-2015, 01:44 AM
asrux (Australia)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the vote of confidence, it's a lot of work getting a full ecommerce site up and running, even more so when you have to run a retail store at the same time.

The goal for getting the site up was to get something functional, with accurate pricing and stock levels. We felt it was critical to have a website these days so we had to compromise with a few things, one of them was images and descriptions for a lot of the products. We have around 700 products in stock in the store and we wanted to make sure that all of them were on the website so people could see what we had in stock.

The work on the website is far from finished, there will always be room for improvement. however these are some of the things on the list to be improved as soon as possible.

Categories need to be updated and some products are in the wrong categories, this should be fixed in the next couple of days as it's easy to fix. We'll look at the filters category thanks Ron.

Images for all products, we are in the process of uploading images for all products, at least 1 per product, unfortunately many of the products we have do not have any photos for them anywhere, even at the suppliers, so we have to photograph them ourselves.

Descriptions and specifications for all products, again we have to source this information and add it on. We are also making sure all of this information is as accurate as possible.

We'll be adding a lot of product information in the coming weeks and months but we felt it was very important to have a site running that people could use.

Thanks,

Ashley.
Sirius Optics
Old 03-12-2015, 02:05 AM
kittenshark (Cheryl-Ann Tan)

Hey Germ, when I gave you the link it was for you to test it out, not give it out!

Still uploading photos as I speak...

If anyone wants a challenge, try browsing the old website, which had a bounce rate of about 95%. The prices were so inaccurate, as were stock levels, meaning any order placed through it was likely to be out of stock, and we would make a loss if we fulfilled it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140601...tics.com/shop/

There are almost 1000 products on the page... wish us luck getting all of the images and descriptions up in the next few days... it's a data entry nightmare.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:45 AM
gavin

Looks good to me on my phone.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:50 PM
asrux (Australia)

Thanks everyone for their feedback; keep clicking and shopping and if you find something that need fixing, let us know. It's been helpful. We did consider getting someone in to help us but we need someone who actually knows the products, and the whole process itself of employing someone (we did for for some things but they took so long to get it done) might take a few weeks and we figured we'd get it by then. Maybe someone here on IceInSpace can help us out, it might be ideal. We'll see what gets done first... Christmas is coming... yikes.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:49 PM
Suzy
Searching for Travolta...

Hi Cheryl & Ash ,
I saw the pics of the shop on facebook, I love the new look- it looks fabulous! I hope to drop in one day .
Good on you guys for all the hard work and for keeping Brisbane's only dedicated astronomy shop in Brisbane going- just when we thought we were going to lose our last one!
Old 20-01-2016, 06:52 AM
aughte (Stephen Berke)

Nikon Action 8x40 binoculars was my third optics purchase via their website, and they met and exceeded my expectation. I am not an experienced optics guru by any means, but I do spend much time in the field hog hunting every year. For the past 2 years I have been using the original Nikon Monarch ATB 10×42’s and ATN corp‘s BinoX-HD 4-16X, and I have to say I was impressed with the both. Both quality companies with very good reviews and similar price range.