Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26-04-2024, 02:53 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

propellantless Propulsion Drive

Sorry, this may have been already posted on here but it's intriguing.
I have long argued with EXPERTS on other forums the physics we know are only as we know and there's yet things we dumb humans haven't discovered or figured out. I've also stated what applies here on earth may not apply elsewhere in the universe. I failed science in high school so what would I know?
I failed because it was the only class I could bludge in and teachers didn't care. Now I love science and regret my decision as a young teenager.

Quote:
Dr. Charles Buhler, a NASA engineer and the co-founder of Exodus Propulsion Technologies, has revealed that his company’s propellantless propulsion drive, which appears to defy the known laws of physics, has produced enough thrust to counteract Earth’s gravity.
A veteran of such storied programs as NASA’s Space Shuttle, the International Space Station (ISS), The Hubble Telescope, and the current NASA Dust Program, Buhler and his colleagues believe their discovery of a fundamental new force represents a historic breakthrough that will impact space travel for the next millennium.
“The most important message to convey to the public is that a major discovery occurred,” Buhler told The Debrief. “This discovery of a New Force is fundamental in that electric fields alone can generate a sustainable force onto an object and allow center-of-mass translation of said object without expelling mass.”
“There are rules that include conservation of energy, but if done correctly, one can generate forces unlike anything humankind has done before,” Buhler added. “It will be this force that we will use to propel objects for the next 1,000 years… until the next thing comes.”
The Serendipity of Discovering the propellantless Propulsion Drive

To document his team’s discovery as well as the process behind their work, which Dr. Buhler cautions is in no way affiliated with NASA or the U.S. Government, the outwardly amiable researcher presented his findings at a recent Alternative Propulsion Energy Conference (APEC). Filled with both highly-credentialed career engineers and propulsion hobbyists, APEC is an organization The Debrief once referred to as the World’s Most Exclusive (And Strange) Anti-Gravity Club.
https://thedebrief.b-cdn.net/wp-cont...ge-300x170.jpg

More:
https://thedebrief.org/nasa-veterans...arths-gravity/
Old 26-04-2024, 03:34 PM
glend (Glen)

I enjoyed the recent article on Micro Black holes as a power source instead of batteries.
Old 26-04-2024, 04:00 PM
ChrisD (Chris)
Image, Stack, Repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo.G View Post
Sorry, this may have been already posted on here but it's intriguing.
I have long argued with EXPERTS on other forums the physics we know are only as we know and there's yet things we dumb humans haven't discovered or figured out. I've also stated what applies here on earth may not apply elsewhere in the universe. I failed science in high school so what would I know?
I failed because it was the only class I could bludge in and teachers didn't care. Now I love science and regret my decision as a young teenager.

It should be easy to confirm. He claims the device is between 30-40G in mass and producing 1G of acceleration, so that's around 1/3 Newton force. You should be able to measure that on kitchen scales.

Chris
Old 27-04-2024, 11:03 AM
Leo.G (Leo)

I have a digital gauge which measures up to 5 Newtons.
Old 27-04-2024, 05:47 PM
By.Jove (Jove)

Easily tested, and I expect it will fail. Along with Orgone Boxes, Cold fusion, Antigravity devices, Energy Polarizers and other loopy ideas that fail some pretty basic analysis.

Investors will be left holding the bathwater.

Last edited by By.Jove; 03-05-2024 at 11:19 AM.
Old 27-04-2024, 11:32 PM
wavelandscott (Scott)
Plays well with others!

My wife’s Uncle Jim Woodward has worked in the field to some note on the
Mach Effect Gravity Assist drive, or MEGA. It doesn’t look like much—it’s a stack of ceramic disks placed between two small blocks—but it has scored $750,000 in NASA research grants. He and his colleagues have presented some evidence that the MEGA drive produces thrust. Unclear to me if it is real or measurement error…he holds some patents (I can almost hear the cash register ring)…
Old 03-05-2024, 11:20 AM
By.Jove (Jove)

I have designed an EV charger that uses the Quasi-Local Energy Flux of Spacetime Perturbation to derive power to charge your EV in apartment blocks, no solar panel and no electricity supply needed, $20k apiece. Last chance - send cash now before I sell it to Chinese investors (you'll pay them double).
Old 03-05-2024, 01:04 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

Where did you get the required flux capacitor Jove?
Old 03-05-2024, 01:37 PM
ChrisD (Chris)
Image, Stack, Repeat.

Quote:
Pfft, maybe you should do your own research!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17627367283...oAAOSwCBdl6OCD

Chris
Old 03-05-2024, 11:33 PM
AndyG (Andy)
No. I am a meat popsicle.

Quote:

https://www.jaycar.com.au/flux-capacitor/p/OUTATIME

Check your local branch to see if they've got some out the back...