Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Observational and Visual Astronomy
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27-04-2011, 12:10 AM
barx1963 (Malcolm)
Bright the hawk's flight

Also Not an Observing Report

I have been writing up my latest report to cover the last month or so, and updated my little log I keep and noticed I have observed over 400 NGC and IC objects. Thought that was pretty impressive until I did a quick check and realised that I theoretically should be able to observe 12278 objects at my home! So I have only 11874 or 96.71% to go.

Gunna hafta getta bigga scope!

Malcolm
Old 27-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Suzy
Searching for Travolta...

Ahemmm *clear throat* when I saw "also not another observing report" as your title, I was trying to figure out which item of weaponry to use this time, after posting on Ron's thread of nearly same title. You could have had the fighting darth vader emoticon
So I'm surprised I'm giving you this instead

Look at this way Malcolm...
The way I see it, you don't have go-to, so in comparison it has taken you longer than the cheats out there . Or should I say the easy way out . I wonder if they get covered in blood, sweat and tears . Perhaps replacing the battery breaks out a sweat . Oh I'm feeling a bit cheeky tonight aren't I. No hate male from go-to people please, I'm a girl that will cry easily.

Oh boy, something tells me there's going to be plenty of sleepless nights ahead of you.

Well I think the fact that you've had to manually star hop, I would say that is an absolutely amazing achievement! Woohoooooo!!!!
Perhaps by the time I'm 70 I may have knocked over half of that list, that'd make me happy .