Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2006, 05:31 AM
Varyonyx

Introduction with private Video ;-)

Hello Guys,
recently i thought by myself its time to introduce me to the Australian amateur astronomy society.
I´m an active member of the German Astronomy League but also very interested to make contacts in the USA, Australia or elsewhere in the World.
I run a old fashioned but well supported Telnet BBS accessible via adress : telnet://vsu.dyndns.org and a tiny Homepage at http://vsu.dyndns.org dedicated to Astronomy
Im a 42 year old amateur astronomer with a great interest in Nova Searching and Observing Variable Stars. Indeed i am developing a semi to professional service for this astronomy aspects.
My main profession is to be an software and hardware engineer specialized in developing Digitalrightsmanagement Systems and Microcontroller-Programming.
As a first contribution to this board i invite you to Download a Documentation i recently did on one of the most famous European Observatories. The great French Observatory in Strasbourg near the French/German Borderline.
The Documentation shows a sightseeing tour around the Observatory, the Planetarium and last but not least the "Great historic Repsold Refractor"!!!
The Documentation is held in german but i think most of you can handle that. ;-)
The Film is encrypted you need an software Decoder, but dont be frightened all of this is of no cost to you.
I hold the complete rights on this documentation so i can grant to you the permission to distribute the film via all electronic or other mediums unless you distribute the softencoded version of it (CRP-File). Distribution of the decoded video is prohibited!!
For more information on how to get a cost free decoder click the hyperlink to german Astronomie.de Forum and follow the instructions given there or e-mail me at vsu@vsu.dyndns.org
Link to the German Astronomy Board: http://forum.astronomie.de/phpapps/u.../page/0#414041
P.S By watching the documentation you have the chance to see me on a quick scene (greets to Hitchcock).
Thank you for your interest.
Alexander Christ (Varyonyx) (Sysop VSU/Communication)

Last edited by Varyonyx; 01-06-2006 at 05:42 AM.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:18 AM
Astroman (Andrew Wall)
<><><><>

Welcome ALexander, enjoy your stay here.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:49 AM
Varyonyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman
Welcome ALexander, enjoy your stay here.
Thank you Astroman

for your reply. I'll come back regularly with other interesting things referring to Astronomy.

By the way Andrew your current Project:"Waiting for clear skies" seems to be quite interesting ;-). This could be a project of my own ;-))

No clear skies since 6 weeks, temperature down to zero centigrade in JUNE!! Arrgh. But im sure, beyond the clouds the stars are still waiting for us :-))

Greetings Alex (VSU/Communication)
Old 01-06-2006, 07:48 AM
Varyonyx

Hello again,

fast download of the documentation is possible now:

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=NPD8DVTM

Enjoy Alex (VSU/Communication)
Old 01-06-2006, 08:45 AM
janoskiss (Steve H)

Welcome Alexander! Tried your telnet site, ... too slow to be useful from here.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:00 AM
ving (David)
~Dust bunny breeder~

Hallo Alexander, heißt willkommen zum Forum. Ich hoffe, dass Sie Ihre Zeit hier genießen.

I personally don't know much german at all, so if any of you need this german site tranlated use altavistas "babelfish", google or www.freetranslation.com to translate the information.

I am currently at work Alexander, how big is this download? I have file size restrictions here.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Varyonyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by janoskiss
Welcome Alexander! Tried your telnet site, ... too slow to be useful from here.
Hello janoskiss,

im running a DSL-Connection with Standard Upstream of 192kbit/s. This is not fast enough for doing big downloads. So i uploaded the video to a file hosting service . See the link before.

This upload was done during the evening yesterday and could responsible for much delay accessing the Telnet BBS. BBS is working in ANSI only so there is very low traffic by accessing it. Try it another time. :-)

Good luck Alex (VSU/Communication)
Old 01-06-2006, 04:03 PM
Varyonyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ving
Hallo Alexander, heißt willkommen zum Forum. Ich hoffe, dass Sie Ihre Zeit hier genießen.

I personally don't know much german at all, so if any of you need this german site tranlated use altavistas "babelfish", google or www.freetranslation.com to translate the information.

I am currently at work Alexander, how big is this download? I have file size restrictions here.
Hello Ving,

thank you for your reply. The Download is approx. 180MB in size. On a standard DSL Connection with 1MBit/Downstream it will take 25-30 minutes to download. Look to my answer i gave janoskiss.
The filehosting service i used is a very fast one. I can download this file at a reasonable speed
Sure the documentation is in german. I know i had to do it in english but maybe someone of you can although have interest in it.
If my time allows it i will create an english audio track.

Excuse me for the inconvenience using the Cryptonit/DRM/Protection System.
If anyone has problems using it, i will gently help

P.S My english is not so good as it should be but inviting the forum regularly it will be better (I hope so )

Greeting Alex (VSU/RTF)
Old 01-06-2006, 09:52 PM
Hitchhiker
knows where his towel is

Welcome Alex. It's a small world! Some of my wife's family live in Aalen-Treppach and Dewangen.

Hope you enjoy your stay!
Old 02-06-2006, 06:23 AM
Varyonyx

Hello Hitchhiker,

, youre right the world is very very small. Dewangen or Treppach, this locations are approx 5km away from me. Unbelievable. AT the first Pierre who lives near Strasbourg (by the way i travel to Strasbourg tommorow again) and now this. Very amazing. .
If one of your wifes family members want they can invite me if the next clear nightsky arrives .My observatory is open for the public ("VSU-RTF -Volkssternwarte Unterkochen").

I am pleased to know you Adam

P.S I hope the weather in NSW is much better than ours, brrr. No summer in sight here arrrgh

Alex (VSU/Communication)
Old 02-06-2006, 12:48 PM
ving (David)
~Dust bunny breeder~

its cloudy and cold here Alex

bring back summer!
Old 02-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Hitchhiker
knows where his towel is

Thanks Alex, I'll pass that on. I think they have only looked through a telescope in Australia (mine)! A telescope only 5 km away might be a bit too close!

Our weather has not been so bad, a little bit of cloud here and there ,but mostly 20 deg C most days down to a couple of degrees C overnight. If you had our weather you would think it was a nice summer day!

I hope your weather improves - next couple of days here are predicted to be cloudy and wet!