Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22-09-2015, 04:24 PM
BilliGoatsGruff (Billi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroID View Post
Hit'em in their pockets where it hurts .. before they kill themselves. Dead people don't pay taxes ...
So true!
Old 22-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Neutronstar (T)

I often notice bobble heads, people who are looking up/down as they are driving and its clear what they are up to.

I am way over on one side with this. I feel even talking on the phone while driving is a distraction. I refuse to have anything to do with my phone while driving, often I will turn it off and leave it in a bag.

A mate of a mate was fined for plugging his phone into a charger while stopped at the lights so you really have to know the rules if you must use it.
Old 22-09-2015, 06:17 PM
louie_the_fly (Stew)
Astronewbie

Years ago, my wife's car was rear ended by a guy who was dicking around on his phone and didn't realise the traffic had stopped. Our daughter, then 2 (24 today), was in the back of the car. They were lucky to get out without serious injuries. Totally wrecked our car and his. The guy had his young boy in the front, who didn't fair as well as everyone else. He suffered some pretty nasty facial injuries. Doesn't pay to do the wrong thing.
Old 25-09-2015, 06:23 PM
Glenhuon (Bill)

My nephew in the UK has a Go Pro on his bike helmet, if he spots someone on the phone in traffic he pulls alongside and looks in the drivers window. Seldom videos them, but they don't know that.
Old 29-09-2015, 11:28 AM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenhuon View Post
My nephew in the UK has a Go Pro on his bike helmet, if he spots someone on the phone in traffic he pulls alongside and looks in the drivers window. Seldom videos them, but they don't know that.
you could hold up a notepad and pretend you are filming an offender. would love to just be able to shoot them, especially cops driving/texting. confiscate/smash their phones would be fun too for inconvenienced bystanders.
Old 29-09-2015, 11:34 AM
Rob_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Don't forget to get a photo to send as well Rob, You need proof, you could include your speedo in the shot to prove you were driving.
Yeah Doug, but I usually find it difficult to get a good selfie with the speedo & their car in the same shot, especially while texting. Maybe it's just me...
Old 30-09-2015, 02:13 AM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_K View Post
Yeah Doug, but I usually find it difficult to get a good selfie with the speedo & their car in the same shot, especially while texting. Maybe it's just me...
Who, would you say, is the greater menace on the roads - the texting driver or the driver with a GoPro trying to film the driver of the car beside him and their speedometer? Trick question!
Peter
Old 30-09-2015, 05:45 AM
Rob_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrid View Post
Who, would you say, is the greater menace on the roads - the texting driver or the driver with a GoPro trying to film the driver of the car beside him and their speedometer? Trick question!
Peter
I resemble what you are incinerating and if I was twenty years younger I'd give you a good texting! There's a big difference - one stands for the forces of evil, the other for truth, justice & the American Way.
Old 30-09-2015, 09:30 AM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_K View Post
I resemble what you are incinerating and if I was twenty years younger I'd give you a good texting! There's a big difference - one stands for the forces of evil, the other for truth, justice & the American Way.
Ahhh! Of course!! Silly of me not to see that sooner. Thank you for opening my eyes to the wonder of your rapier-like insights.
Peter