Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26-04-2024, 10:00 AM
AlexN
Widefield wuss

Ngc 6726

I'm gearing up to shoot a few more broadband targets in the coming months, and haven't properly processed a dark or reflection nebula in a very long time.

So in the interest of getting in some practice, I thought I'd take advantage of the data sets that Martin Pugh has available for purchase on his website: https://www.martinpughastrophotography.space/

I purchased This data set, assuming that it would be quite a challenge to get a reasonable image out of, because it was from a mono camera and I'm colour blind, but I feel like the data was so strong, and todays tooling is incredibly good, I actually had a really good time working with this data, and know that there's more in it too!

The data is approximately 16hrs from an AP 305mm Riccardi Honders Astrograph on a Paramount ME II, with an SBIG STXL-16200, and it is exquisite to work on.

So a massive thanks to Martin Pugh for making his datasets available for purchase... Not sure if it was the practice I needed because I feel the data is far superior than anything I could ever collect myself, but it was definitely satisfying to work on data so magnificent.

Processed from Integration to Completed image in PixInsight...

Full resolution on Astrobin... I think there's at least 20 background galaxies in here that I've never seen before!
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (NGC-6726_LRGB_iis.jpg)
175.9 KB31 views
Old 26-04-2024, 02:09 PM
Craig_

This is really nice!
Old 28-04-2024, 10:14 PM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Gee...that indeed is spectacular data...and very well processed.

To give it some perspective....Martin's setup renders images with fine brush strokes, while many are still using crayons.
Old 28-04-2024, 11:20 PM
AlexN
Widefield wuss

Thanks Peter, any compliment from you is taken in very high regard.

I have been really impressed with the data I've been capturing myself over the past few months since returning to astrophotography, however your crayons to fine brush strokes analogy hit home pretty strongly indeed - there is such a phenomenal difference working on this data from an absolutely class leading optical and camera system and pristine skies, to working on the data from my 2.5" apo and semi-rural skies...

Alas, I will continue to refine my acquisition and processing skills to get the best out of my personal equipment.. but I'll definitely be buying a few more datasets from Martin in the future...
Old 29-04-2024, 07:50 AM
gregbradley

Gorgeous image Alex.

Greg.
Old 29-04-2024, 08:45 AM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Very nicely done Alex, very well handled! Good clean days does make a world of different when it comes to processing but it looks like you’ve extracted what can be extracted